VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is this doable? I am a novice using Vegas 4.0 and have a clip with some minor pixelation that needs removing. Thanks for any advice
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Fix it in virtualdub using the MSU Smart Deblocker filter. Output to lagarith or huffyuv so you don't do any more damage, then import it into Vegas.

It might be possible to use WAX2 to load the deblocker filter into the Vegas, but I haven't tried it.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. the msu smart deblocking filter didnt work fine with me each time i tried it i'd advice the normal msu deblocking filter instead.
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, long time lurker here, I am also having issues with depixelization as well, on the video attached.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    There's nothing you can do with that star wars clip. It's from telecined film source that was incorrectly processed from the start.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 19th Mar 2014 at 11:39.
    Quote Quote  
  6. That clip is from a video game. The text is low res and not antialiased. There's no way to make it really clear. Are you looking to get better antialiasing? Are you looking to enlarge it too?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Since it's a Lagarith AVI, I don't guess you downloaded this mess. Did you make it? If so start over again. And don't resize and bob it. IVTC it.

Edit: Oh, from a video game? At that resolution? You think it was captured from the game like that?

Like sanlyn I thought it was from a film.
    Quote Quote  
  8. It's probably from an emulator for and old console game. Smoothed and enlarged:

Click image for larger version

Name:	enlarged.jpg
Views:	692
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	21726
    Last edited by jagabo; 6th Dec 2013 at 17:54.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The problem is like a cancer, with a lot of maggots eating the tissue. If you try with a channel curve, there's too many muddled pixels.

Last edited by budwzr; 6th Dec 2013 at 21:30.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    EEEEwwwww! I'd rather buy the DVD. In fact, I did.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 19th Mar 2014 at 11:39.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Can you imagine eating rotten cancer? The residual gassing would be mortifying to the nose smellbuds.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sanlyn View Post
    EEEEwwwww! I'd rather buy the DVD. In fact, I did.
    But it's not the movies or dvd's/videos of the "movies" he is talking about
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by sanlyn View Post
    I'd rather buy the DVD. In fact, I did.
    There is no DVD -- it's from a video game.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Ah, OK so Im half asleep and thinking inside a small box, and my head completely ignores evrything in that AVI except the crawling titles. Woke up at 3:30 A.M. with those opening letters and numbers floating on the ceiling, so had to come back to this thread a day later. This is the sort of thing that happens when one spends too much time looking at stuff like this and drinking too much coffee while waiting for a long encode.

Have no idea what the complaint is with the game capture. I don't think the AVI needs "de-pixelating" at all. If a small image is the main impetus behind the AVI, why isn't it smaller? One essential motif of gaming graphics is carefully deigned distortion to begin with, so on looking at it I don't see anything "wrong" with the titles. The whole thing looks kinda cute, almost like 1980's character-based graphics at times. I wouldn't change a thing.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 19th Mar 2014 at 11:40.
    Quote Quote