VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I successfully used the full version of VOB2MSG about 1 month ago and have tried to use it again now but it won't load properly. It shows up in Task Manager, never displays any window and eventually shuts itself down. I've tried partial as well as a complete re-install. The registration window comes up and completes but after that the application exhibits the same fault. The only change to my computer is the recent Windows XP Home security updates.

The application event viewer shows no errors/issues except on one attempt where .net 2.0 faulted the application.

I've reviewed the forum for similar problems and even tried installing the VBRuntime as mentioned in one thread but nothing is helping.

I would appreciate some clue as to what to try now?

(Additional: I noticed the thread about svcd doing a similar fail and being fixed by installing the program somewhere other than Program Files folder. I installed the software by default to "VOB2MSG PRO" folder but will reinstall to a folder without a space in the name and see if that helps.
    I've also noticed the entry about corrupted faults but haven't found any info on how to check this or correct it!)
    Last edited by JohnDJasper; 21st Feb 2011 at 09:34.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    It's refreshing to see someone who actually searched before asking/posting.....excellent job JohnDJasper.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Fixed (at least for the moment!) It appears to have been installing into a foldername that did not have spaces e.g. C:\VOB2MSGPRO\ instead of C:\VOB2MSG PRO\. I hope this helps future users.
    Quote Quote