VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi there,
    i have downloaded a hindi movie in avi format.
    when i play it, it plays hindi and russian audio.
    i have checked on net to remove such voice over or dubbing using virtualdub or virtualdubmod,avidemux etc,but no success to remove the russian audio.

i also have checked in the above mentioned softwares about audio tracks of the movie,they only show one audio track.
    i also used mediainfo to check the audio info,it also shows only one track.

so please help me and tell me the process if possible to remove the russian audio with the above softwares or is there any other software to do this.please also tell if it possible.
    please reply soon
    thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If that doesn't work for you, you are probably totally out of luck (unless you wanted to go through the massive effort of re-creating & re-recording & re-editing the hindi audio). Sorry.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I am really skeptical that the thing suggested in the link will work, but I could be wrong. If not, then read my post #13 in the same thread and understand why you can't remove it. Note that jagabo did NOT try it, he merely accepted the word of some newbie poster that it worked. It may or may not.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Note that jagabo did NOT try it, he merely accepted the word of some newbie poster that it worked.
    I did try it. It worked. Attached is a sample with two musical tracks. If you use KMPlayer don't use the Audio-> Rare Filters -> Voice Empasis. Use Audio -> Downmix to Mono instead. That works much better for the in-phase track. Audio -> Rare Filters -> Voice Removal (called Karaoke filter in some programs) is fine for the out-of-phase track.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by jagabo; 28th Feb 2014 at 13:00.
    Quote Quote