VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is there a Sachtler fluid head + tripod below $1800? Is it realistic?
    I would like to use it for wedding cinematography. The weight load would not exceed 10LB.
    Thanks so much!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I wanted to stay away from the ACE system. People say that the legs are not really sachtler quality.

Can you recommend the FSB6 with Carbon legs? http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/498220-REG/Sachtler_0450_0450_FSB_6T_with_75CF.html

I would like to use it for wedding videography where the weight load would not exceed 10LB.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    The FSB6 is good, but I have to ask: what is the cam that is going on there? And what OTHER accessories/peripherals will be attached to it (monitor, batteries, rails, lens hood, etc)? Because that all adds to the weight equation.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  4. Nikon D4 + 70-200mm 2.8 VR + Rode mic on the hot shue.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Ok, so you're looking at ~8 1/2 pounds (~3 + ~5 + ~ 1/2) just with those alone. Since the above linked sticks is rated to 13.2 lbs., that's still within the comfort zone. If you actually went up to 10-11 lbs, you'd be pushing it, because even if it says it's rated to 13.2, that just means it can safely HOLD/SUPPORT that much weight. It doesn't mean it will be STEADY. You need a much sturdier rating to maintain steadiness than just to maintain support.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  6. Yes, that's correct! I want to be below the weight limit for sure.
    Quote Quote