VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I had old codecs which had worked well. Anyway, I did want update them, so I downloaded last K Lite Codec, and after the installation several codecs were missing.

With a lot of missing codecs, it's impossibile for me to use software like video converters.
    So, I uninstalled K Lite Codec and install an old version of K Lite, and I solved the problem

Anyway, how can I do to update the codecs without losing some of them?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I read...

So, how can I solve this problem?
    If I install K lite Codec and then single codecs (xvid and so on), I didn't solve anything.
    Quote Quote  
  3. if you want the old an old version of ffdshow, install an old ffdshow version and don't overwrite it with a newer one,..
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ... except then you have to be careful about whether a new program install will install a newer version of ffdshow along with it ... also whether some of the hackers out there who write some of this stuff will support your older version ... when they say they need a "stable version" of ffdshow it usually means that's the only version their code works with.

Sorry to say this, but I won't use ffdshow or any similar silly non microsoft codecs/filters/splitters anymore. I don't have problems converting or playing either.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I use ffdshow and a lot of other splitters&stuff without a hassle, but I keep away from codec packs.
    Quote Quote  
  6. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Hoser Rob View Post

Sorry to say this, but I won't use ffdshow or any similar silly non microsoft codecs/filters/splitters anymore. I don't have problems converting or playing either.
    Let's hope you'll never want to meet again MKVs, OGGs, or MP4s containing VC-1 and/or DTS, nor ASFs containing Xvid
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    I use ffdshow and a lot of other splitters&stuff without a hassle, but I keep away from codec packs.
    Exactly.
    Quote Quote