VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi everyone

Do tell me please lovely Encoders, how do i use all MeGUI sittings and config also filters? I faced a lot of problems and i need to Encode to MKV
    Quote Quote  
  2. Do you expect someone to write a manual for you?
    Or do you think it'd be a little more realistic to explain what you've being doing, what you've tried, what didn't work, and to ask for help with the last part?
    Quote Quote  
  3. of course no !! the person who'd help i'll contact him privately, than he'll get into my PC by team viewer
    Quote Quote  
  4. When I used x264 for the first time it was with the VFW GUI via Virtualdub which is similar to the interface you see in MeGUI. My goal was to encode with highest compression ratio with good quality. I saw a shitload of options which in practice I wasn't familiar with but I did more or less understand at first glance what their purpose might be because I had a lot of background on data compression before I got into video encoding. It also greatly helped that holding my mouse over each encoding option gave a brief explanation.

I looked up an x264 encoding manual on the internet to learn in detail which option does what and how to encode effectively. Lots of user friendly guides out there existed. Mine was DeathTheSheep's x264 guide. The rest I learned solo by experience and experimentation.

Obviously, it was easy for me because I was already a connoisseur. yaston might not be which is why he insists on being spoon fed. That's cool but we can only do that for specific questions, not a vague "how do I use MeGUI like a pro?" request.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by yaston View Post
    of course no !! the person who'd help i'll contact him privately, than he'll get into my PC by team viewer
    Not a chance in hell of that happening.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Use handbrake,easier to use than megui.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!