VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm stuffed!

I just finished editing a project in Premiere Pro and exported a single file which is about 2.08Gb. When I open TMPGEnc to try and encode to DVD, the audio is encoded, but there's no video, it's just black. How can this be fixed?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    2 GB are about 10 Min. video. Is this correct in your case?
    What kind of Filesystem do you use?What kind of DV avi (1 or 2) is this?
    Does VDub show the video correctly?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah the video is exacly 9:50, not a frame after that. The computer the file is stored on is an Acer Aspire 1700 notebook with windows Xp, so I'm guessing it's probably NTFS.

Not sure what you mean by DV avi 1 or 2, since this is the first time I've had to export something I've edited to DVD. Most of the time I just dump it onto a miniDV tape right after editing, but this time the person wants it on DVD and miniDV. For some reason the video doesn't play in VDub, but then again, I've never had to work with DV video in VDub. The file has been exported as Microsoft PAL DV, so technically it should work. The video plays fine in everything else, except VDub and TMPGEnc.

Thanks for the help
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You need the panasonic DV codec for VirtualDub to see it. Also, try using VirtualDubMod instead (or as well as)
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for that. I haven't tried if it works in TMPGEnc yet, I'm too busy now, but it does work in VDub, so I can only suspect that it will work in everything else.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote