VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. HI
    I tried the hack on the main page but it does not work.
    The description says that after pressing display the current region setting appears... that works so far.. but pressing condition memory and then the number for the region does not have any effect...
    Can somebody help me there?
    thx
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by FirstBorg
    HI
    I tried the hack on the main page but it does not work.
    The description says that after pressing display the current region setting appears... that works so far.. but pressing condition memory and then the number for the region does not have any effect...
    Can somebody help me there?
    thx
    Most PIONEER model DVD players can be made REGION FREE but this has to be done via a HARDWARE MODIFICATION. It is not possible with a remote control hack using a straight-from-the factory PIONEER model.

You either have to buy one that has already been modified or you can sometimes buy a modification kit. Some places will also allow you to send them your DVD players so they will do the modification for you.

Often though that is very expensive. Also keep in mind that the PIONEER models will not do any conversion. So although you can make it code free a NTSC DVD will only output as NTSC and a PAL DVD will only output as PAL. Unless you have a multi-system TV display ... this is not a good option.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman

P.S.
    See this thread for more info:
    https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=164134&highlight=
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  3. Well, I have no problem with the NTSC because I had luck.. my TV can handle NTSC
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by FirstBorg
    Well, I have no problem with the NTSC because I had luck.. my TV can handle NTSC
    Just a note to yourself and other newbies ... it really helps if you can fill in your location ... this way we know if you have NTSC or PAL

It is very common for televisions in PAL countries to handle NTSC but in the USA it is very common that all teleivisions ONLY do NTSC as multi-system televisions are pretty much unheard of in the USA (unless you have a front projecter and HOW many people can afford those?!?!?)

"The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i had a 343 and the region hack worked fine .. 5 times ... every time you try it is 1x - even if you hit the same region each time (i learned this the hard way)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by BJ_M
    i had a 343 and the region hack worked fine .. 5 times ... every time you try it is 1x - even if you hit the same region each time (i learned this the hard way)
    So it works but then "locks" itself after 5 times without allowing you to change it again?

P.S.
    In the "old" days PIONEER DVD players (stand alone players of course) needed hardware modification to be made "region free" but things change often in the world of DVD ...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    yep -- 5x via the way mentioned here ... i only acually really changed it 2x - the other 3 x were hitting the same region because it didnt look like it did anything ..

the 343 is discontinued but at one time you could buy hardware modified versions of this model on the net ..

these players would play anything except high bit rate svcd .. they will play any brand of cd ..

they were built real cheap though and tend to die ...
    Quote Quote