VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello all you people, currently I'm trying to rip this audio track off of the Brave BD. Apparently it's a French DD+ 7.1 surround track (at least thats what it says on the disc menu) although the normal ripping software I use Handbrake, eac3to, DVDFab, MakeMKV etc. show the track as a 5.1 file and not 7.1. I even checked it in BDInfo and it showed the same thing. Does anyone know what's causing this? I'm using AnyDVD HD 7.1.3.0 to decrypt. Any help is appreciated
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I will never understand why people like you will buy AnyDVD HD and then NOT use it to rip, but only to decrypt. Do what I say. Use AnyDVD HD to rip. Do NOT use another program to rip. Use AnyDVD HD. Open the rip directory with BD-Rebuilder. If BDRB tells you that the audio is 5.1 then that is really and truly what is one the disc, no matter what the disc menu says.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Sounds like a decoder problem to me. Hmm, I seem to recall that eac3to (for one) can't recognize a DTS 7.1 track without the Arcsoft DTS decoder. But you say the problematic track is DD. Just checked and you're correct. What you have is a DD Plus (also called E-AC3, enhanced AC3) 7.1 track. There is also a French DD 5.1 track, which I have to assume is the core track. That's what you're seeing.

Do what jman says. BDRB is pretty good at correctly analyzing/identifying audio tracks.

On the off chance it may help, install the trial of TMT, the latest Arcsoft decoders may be what you need. You can uninstall it and the decoders should remain, so long as you don't allow the uninstaller to delete *all* the files. I don't recall ever having a problem like you describe, but I do have the Arcsoft decoders, and eac3to definitely uses them.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the suggestions guys. I installed the TMT decoders but still no luck with the audio track. BD Rebuilder lists it as a AC3+ Multi-Ch track so I'm not sure if it's 5.1 or 7.1
    Quote Quote