VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I recorded a couple of three hour television shows using Windows Media Center. I would like to burn them to DVD but they are too large.

Does anyone know where these files are located and the format they are in? I am assuming that I need to convert them to something else so that I can split and burn them, but cannot figure out where the files are.

Thanks -

george
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Start - > Computer -> More -> Public -> Recorded TV. I am running Windows Vista and mine records to VSO files, they are MPEG video files. The file extention, as I remember it, it different in Windows 7 so yours could be different. I have been using Nero Vision to edit out the commercials, or anything else I don't wish to be in there.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Found it, it's in Users -> Public -> Public Recorded TV within Windows 7. The file extension is .wtv so I guess I need to find something that will work with it.

Cheers -

george
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    WIN 7 ... can change the videos it makes to DVR-MS ... just use your mouse and do a right click on the wtv file and a menu will drop down.

Option will be there to change the wtv file to a dvr-ms file. After the conversion is done ... a whole bunch of programs can re-edit or convert the dvr-ms video file. ConvertxtoDVD ... will convert it to a DVD. You might want to use a program like ... TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress ... to snip out the commercials.
    Quote Quote