VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello all,

I have been using the SONY DVD Writer. Recently almost everytime when I write some data into DVD disc & take out the DVD disc after writing completed & put it again in to the DVD writer, my PC identifies the DVD media as CD media & it shows that it is blank as if no data is inside.

Does any one face the similar kind of issue. Is it a problem with DVD writer or the DVD media. I even tried writing the DVD at low speed from 8x, 12x, 16x. All of the returns the same result.

Request your valuable help in this..

Thanks in advance.,
    Anand.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried different media? Crappy media can cause such problems but if it happens with all media it's could be a dvd writer problem.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It would be helpful if you posted what brand/model of your dvd burner. Also post the media id of the dvd media that you're using as well as what software you're using to burn the dvd media.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by its_me
    Hello all,

I have been using the SONY DVD Writer. Recently almost everytime when I write some data into DVD disc & take out the DVD disc after writing completed & put it again in to the DVD writer, my PC identifies the DVD media as CD media & it shows that it is blank as if no data is inside.

Does any one face the similar kind of issue. Is it a problem with DVD writer or the DVD media. I even tried writing the DVD at low speed from 8x, 12x, 16x. All of the returns the same result.

Request your valuable help in this..

Thanks in advance.,
    Anand.
    Both false, I think.
    Uninstall the ide drivers, then restart.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the replies...

I am using Sony DVD writer & Nero 7 software. The problem comes sometimes when I use sony DVD media or Moser baer or any unbranded media..

Hello chef,

i would like to try your idea of uninstalling the IDE drivers.. Could you help me .. How to identify the IDE driver to which the DVD writer is connected..

Thanks in advance.,
    Anand
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by its_me
    Thanks for the replies...

I am using Sony DVD writer & Nero 7 software. The problem comes sometimes when I use sony DVD media or Moser baer or any unbranded media..

Hello chef,

i would like to try your idea of uninstalling the IDE drivers.. Could you help me .. How to identify the IDE driver to which the DVD writer is connected..

Thanks in advance.,
    Anand
    Use IMGBURN to burn dvd media as NERO is crappy to use. Also MOSER dvd media is considered low grade dvd media which is probably why you are not able to read those them after it's burned.

DMA 5 is for hard drives and dvd burners are usually DMA 2 or 4.

Use this guide on uninstalling the ide drivers:
    http://www.cdrlabs.com/forums/problems-enabling-dma-windows-t6645.html
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks Budz...

Let me try & get back to you all...
    Quote Quote