VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi there,

I have recorded a tv show which is has subtitles at the bottom by using cyberlink powerdirector and was saved in .mpg format.

I have playback the movie in mpg with kmplayer and can see the subtitles at the bottom .

By using handbrake 0.9.8, i converting mpg file to mkv with resolution 848 x 512 (original resolution 1280 x 720) . Once completed and playback the movie with kmplayer and i noticed that if the subtitles has 2 lines, i cant see the subtitles in 2nd lines.

I tried AGK to convert mpg file to AVI (use the same resolution ) and the result is very good..the subtitles was there.

anyone can help me please..
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Use handbrake to burn the subs into the video
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    bro,
    the tv show that i have recorded already has subtitles and the problem when converting to mkv using handbrake i cant see the 2nd row subtitles...just can see the 1st row of subtitles..
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It sounds as if the original has soft subtitles. It sounds like handbrake isn't handling the subtitles correctly. I was guessing that you were doing soft subs with handbrake so I suggested hard subs, i.e., burning the subs into the video. That can often have a different affect and might work better. Or not. No way to know without trying.

Again when you start with soft subs (subs that can be turned on or off) you have the option in handbrake to use them that way or to burn them into the image. It gives you both options.

I think the default is soft subs and that SHOULD be working but since it isn't I suggest trying to burn them in as that might solve your issue.
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like the film is cropped. Try to turn off cropping (all the values to 0).
    Quote Quote  
  6. might also be that these are dvb subtitles,..
    Quote Quote