VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I dont like sony vegas pro titler.I am looking for a free text animation software.ANybody know of anything good?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Vegas pro tittler is pretty good when you learn how to use it. Aviutl can do a lot of things with tittles. Blender is another option.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No I dont like pro titler because its not working properly.I had blender very complicated

No I am looking for a simply piece of software that does text animations.Nothing fancy
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you don't need anything too fancy, then simply make your tittle in Photoshop or Gimp and save as 32-bit PNG or PSD file with transparency. Import and animate in Vegas.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
    If you don't need anything too fancy, then simply make your tittle in Photoshop or Gimp and save as 32-bit PNG or PSD file with transparency. Import and animate in Vegas.
    Or use Vegas' standard title tool. Despite what he says, I'm guessing OP actually wants something fancy.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No i dont want anything fancy I want text with a jump effect and I want text that can fade in and fade out and text that can move along the y axis really fast but it has to look like its afriad.It has to be comical.

OK let me let you in I want to create a intro for my fan projects.So one part of the text will jump the other will appear as if it was cloacked I will then play a scary sound from a well known game.The bottom text will fade like it has gone into cloakced moe the other part will move along the y axis with some animation to give it some personality and make it seem like its running for its life.

I am having trouble with pro titler because there is some software issue I dont know.ANything simply for a simply text animation will do
    Quote Quote  
  7. Then just use the standard vegas titler or the photo software racer-x suggested and animate your fades and jumps using regular old vegas keyframes.

Don't really know what you mean by a jump effect -- like an image skipping from broken sprocket holes, like a frog leaping across lilly pads? Anyway, as long as you know what you mean you can do it.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The jump effect you get in pro titler.OK I will try the standard text generators
    Quote Quote  
  9. comical, scared text ? Sounds interesting but not sure how you're going to sell that effect with fades , movement, and "jump effect"

What is the fan project ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Here's something I quickly threw together in Aviutl, see if it's similar to what you want.

* Edit, made a better version with single character animation.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by racer-x; 14th Jul 2014 at 21:29. Reason: Improved text jumping.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Personally, I don't like the Vegas Titler either. I use Aurora 3D Animator.

Yeah, racer, I think you hit the mark.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well its a intro for all future fan projects.One part of the text must seems like it can dissapear or cloacked.If you are familiar with sc maybe you will understand this.When one part of the text dissapears or fade away I will play the cloack sound from a sc unit called the ghost.The other part of the text needs to move along the y axis like its in a hurry to get away.This will all happen after I played a sound from a sc unit called the hydralisk.

If anybody got any ideas I would appreciate it.WIll check out autora 3d animator hope its free and if it is free I hope I can the reason its free otherwise its free because of a virus mostly addware

There really is no such things as something for free is there?Now I know where my 22 detectiosn come from its because I download programs that are free that dont give a reason its free.I learned that avira is a very good free anit virus software but they want you to upgrade so they want your money simply motivation for why its free.Unlike some programs that has no motivation to give something for free.Only a idiot will download such things

Found a really good free simply text animation program that looks very nice
    Last edited by drunkelf34; 15th Jul 2014 at 03:44.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by drunkelf34 View Post
    Found a really good free simply text animation program that looks very nice
    Care to share the name of it? I am Always on the lookout for such programs.

KoolMoves - 'Little effort' Flash effect generator might be useful to you. My example concept:

http://files.videohelp.com/u/198336/animate_title%20.avi

http://animatron.com/ is similar but an online editor which creates HTML5 presentations and exports to HD.

You have to be careful with these types of generators though. Everything can start to look like a web page.
    Design the layout/title in Photoshop or similar, then animate transparent PNGs of each character or logo.
    Quote Quote  
  14. I don't know what you mean by "SC" (star craft?).
    Here is an attempt to model what you have described... not a trivial task...
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you took the time to view my sample you would know this is all too easy to do in Aviutl. It's 100% free, but with a slightly steep learning curve. You may be more inclined to use a simple animator worth lot's of templates. Unfortunately you won't find one with templates for every dumb idea you come up with.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
    If you took the time to view my sample you would know this is all too easy to do in Aviutl. It's 100% free, but with a slightly steep learning curve. You may be more inclined to use a simple animator worth lot's of templates. Unfortunately you won't find one with templates for every dumb idea you come up with.
    You're right. Even the simple effect generators require the use of motion paths and scripting for effective production.
    And Actionscript is in a whole different dimension than a titling gui. Everything has a learning curve.

Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    Despite what he says, I'm guessing OP actually wants something fancy.
    ..but doesn't grasp the complexities or enjoy the reward of applying effort. Nice clip you made there racer.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!