VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. ok johnso
    is this logic or not - u have a film( file ) that is in perfect sync!!! audio and video - if u use subtitles u must frame serve it to tmpgenc(video only) i earlier extracted the audio THAT WAS IN SYNC both with avi2wav and goldwave and vitrual dub!! u multiplex the so called audio that was in sync - and the final mpeg is out of sync!! the only thing that changes between the original ntsc capture and the final mpeg is the audio - from 48khz to 44.1khz ??? if u look at the guides - its says if the audio is out of sync change the sampling rate!! if u have have a video that is 30 minutes long and an audio 25 minutes long - there r several options :=
    1.) maybe the audio in the film starts a few seconds or minutes later than the video( the forums say audio length is the same as video length !- so it is always shorter then the film- if u use gold wave and time warp - it stretches the 25 minutes to match the video - therefore beginning to early and endind to late .if u use virtual dub filters - input rate - new rate - output rate - it does the same thing!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If the audio is out of sync by a second or 2 and is not gradual then just put a delay in it.You have to use your own judgement on what the audio error is,if it goes out gradually then time warp it and if it out constantly just delay it + or _.Avi files are notorious for sync problem and sometimes the sample rate might be off a bit so adjusting to the proper rate might fix it but usually its incorrect encoding and audio encoded with vbr that needs to be extracted to full wav and all sorts of frame errors.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Welcome to the mysterious world of the avi, made more mysterious by some sod playing about with the audio when they encoded it.

Extract the wav from your avi. Note its exact length in time (to the ms) and compare it to the avi video - they should match. Now re-sample to 44.1 and note the length of the new wav file. It should match that of the original, but if not you will have to warp it to match the time frame. Once you have a new wav that matches the length of the avi video, I would re-mux it back into the avi to check the sync (I wouldn't normally do this but It won't hurt).

If it is in sync then you're done - just feed it into TMPGEnc.

If not, is the sync difference gradual or constant. If it is constant then you will just have to offset the audio my whatever the sync difference is. If it is gradual then you'll have to estimate by how much the wav file is out by the end of the clip and then re-warp the wav to suit the video.
    Regards,

Rob
    Quote Quote  
  4. hi rob,

ok this is what i did :- extracted the ac3 audio in virtual dub. Saved as an
    ??.ac3.wav) then using besweet i changed it to 44100hz and 224kps.THen
    using tmpgenc changed it to mp2

then in virtual dub ( video + subtitles) i framed served it to tmpgenc made no changes at all - only i checked the " dont do frame conversion" and saved it as an m1v file. Then using tmpgenc tools i multiplexed the mp2 and m1v.

everything was perfect in the mpgeg upto 28 mins then it went out of sync by 4 secs.

Do u know what prob was?At this point in the film there was a load popping noise and the video had pixelled for about 4 secs !!. i scanned the file previous with both divx repair and virtual dub - no bad frames found>!!!

so i cut out the 4secs from the film - and now i have a perfect 100% vid, aud and subtitles in sync. !
    and yes ntsc film does play on my standalone dvd!!! no more need to encode to pal!!

Previous to this film - i have films that when i play them they freeze!!!

got any ideas why? - yes i have used virtual dub mp3 freeze!!

angela
    Quote Quote  
  5. Did you solve the problem?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Still an awful lot of unnecessary steps....
    Regards,

Rob
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Morning,

I've done the same thing but I do have access to a legit copy of soft encode. My method (which was from an mpeg source was)

1. Demux (TMPGENC)
    2. Load AC3 in soft encode
    3. Save as a 48khz WAV file
    4. Load into sound forge
    5. Use time stretch to match the exact running time of the video after conversion to the destination format, (e.g. from NTSC to PAL)
    6. Repeat for all the wave files
    7. Load the WAVS into soft encode and create a new AC3
    8. MUX with the new M2V

Now you can use besweet instead of soft encode and the whole thing will be much easier if you are only dealing with a two channel AC3 rather than a full 5.1 soundtrack which results in 6 WAVS to edit.

There may be a far more simple method though such as time stretching / compressing the original AC3 but I'm not sure if this can be done without an intermediate WAV step.

Does anyone have a simpler method ?

Cheers

Edz
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You are all getting worked up over getting ac3, m2v etc.

Once you have got your final WAV file, add it to your video in VirtualDub and save as a new video file (this will be much larger than the original since the audio is uncompressed).

Check this new video file for sync and if ahppy ise it as the source for both audio and video in TMPGEnc.

No need for m2v and all that....
    Regards,

Rob
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Why you do your life difficult?

Always use SSRC and tooLAME 1K as audio plug in with TMPGenc.

Use SSRC as external samplerate encoder / converter . It does perfect job from 44100 to 48000 and vise versa.
    Also use tooLAME (not the latest version, use version "2K" ) for wave files to mpeg layer 2 (a.k.a:wav2mp2)

Use goldwave / soundforge / whatever, only for filtering or when you need to change the lenght (tempo) so to much the video.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think they had problems with audio sync because the audio stream was 48Khz and was encoded as VBR - just a guess.
    Regards,

Rob
    Quote Quote  
  11. yes i did solve the problem,

as for using soung forge and time warping !!! not my of trying to make audio in sync with video.

for a start - not all films begin and end with audio so the length of the audio will always be shorter! than video length, so stretching the audio justs make the audio sync worse. i prefer to use audio interleaving and delay or advance audio time.!!

as for the guy who said " why is everybody trying to convert wav( ac3) to mp2). Have u tried loading the ac3 wav in tmpegnc and merging with an m1v - tmpgenc freezes or crashes - or says the audio is not supported - thats why we change to an mp2.

its the same with frame serving u have a .vdr file but tmpgenc also crashes with this - so we rename the vdr file ???.vdr.avi and then there is no problem!!

ANY IDEAS WHY SOME VCD'S FREEZE IN THE MIDDLE OF A FILM ON A STANDARD ALONE DVD PLAYER~ IM OPEN FOR SUGGESTIONS!!

THX AGAIN

angela
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    How about completing your computer and dvd player details so we can get a better picture?
    Regards,

Rob
    Quote Quote  
  13. my computor - 40gb hard drive , 256mb memory, ultra 663as pro motherboard, philps 32x speed cd rewriter , matsui cdrom, samsung dvd/cdrewriter combi. 52x, creative sound blaster audio card ,nvidia gt2 force video card.

dvd standalone jvc home theater surround system complete.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    jvc model number?

check for compatibility in the DVD Players section.....
    Regards,

Rob
    Quote Quote  
  15. hi rob

jvc XV-E1compatible for what?

angela
    Quote Quote  
  16. sorry XV-E100SL
    Quote Quote  
  17. COMPATIBLE MEDIA
    dvd, vcd, audio cd, cdr cdrw photo vcd

non compatible dvd rom . dvdram,dvd audio, dvdr, dvdrw cdrom, cd extra cd-g cd-text

frequency for cd 44100hz
    frequency for dvd 48000hz

is that enough?

angela
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Some players don't like non-standard VCDs.

Try the VCD in your PC or another DVD player. If it works in those then it looks like your JVC is either picky about the bit-rate, the CD media or the way it was authored.
    Regards,

Rob
    Quote Quote  
  19. hi rob

ive just realised your from the uk? i was wondering why i was getting such quick answers LOL!! im also briish but living in the netherlands

not all my vcds freeze when playing - just now and then it freezes for a few secs and then continues or freezes and stops

what is a standard vcd then?
    i thought thats what i was making!

angela
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Technical Info for VCD

Try the disk in another player.

Which part of Holland?
    Regards,

Rob
    Quote Quote  
  21. hi rob the north , near groningen. U heard of the dutch TT races in Assen? well about 12km away ( 6miles) from there.
    will the vcd play in my pc dvdrom?

ill check out the tech info

thx again

angela
    Quote Quote  
  22. my vcds are made like the tech info!!

angela
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, Assen was where Mick Doohan smashed up his leg in the '92 GP.
    Regards,

Rob
    Quote Quote  
  24. i have only just started getting int this sport- but here evrybody is crazy about it!
    Quote Quote