VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Earlier today my BMI worked fine. However tonight when I went to play xbox the express player would show black. However I could still play on my monitor. I remember before hand if the device screen was black then my monitor would also be black. Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hmm since I'm having a similar shuttle I figured I'd post here. I'm getting audio to capture and I'm seeing the video on the tv I'm using as a display put I'm not getting anything in the express player as well. My current set up is xbox-hdmi-to shuttle-hdmi-to display and it is connected to a usb 3.0 and is seems to recognized correctly otherwise I'd think it would not work at all. Though i did notice it is listed as an audio device. As far as a fix for you goes the only thing I found/was told from other sites is that supposedly there's hdcp that wont let capture cards work with an xbox over hdmi, I'm going to try to see if component cables would fix the issue. Though I'm questing this advice since I'm getting audio

Edit I think I found my problem. I think my computer is using an usb 3.0 chipset other than nec/renesas. would this be the problem?
    Last edited by dpark; 7th Dec 2011 at 09:39. Reason: additional info
    Quote Quote  
  3. see the thing i do not understand is i was using mine about 5 hrs before i started having problems. There was an xbl update but how would that change anything?

ps- update your BMI drivers. I think the audio had an update,
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hmm the dashboard update? Possibly if they included some type of protection against capture devices. I'm not sure that's possible though. I'm going to try testing with a composite cable later today eliminating the whole hd content protection I've been hearing about. I'm getting mixed messages about usb 3.0 some of Black magic design's support seems to say that it only works with nec usb 3.0 and some of it seems to say it works with others. Though I'd imagine my card wouldnt work at all if it didnt work with my usb ports.

Update. I got video at last. It seems MY computer can only handle NTSC levels and a composite feed. Anyone know how I can increase my speed so I can get a better quality video capture? jamez, have you messed around with the video preference settings? Maybe something changed and is causing your issue.
    Last edited by dpark; 7th Dec 2011 at 15:38. Reason: additional information
    Quote Quote