VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So Im entering the market for a consumer level HD camcorder. Ive done quite a bit of research and am pretty set on a Flash memory model, and have been looking a lot at the Vixia line.

A lot of my shooting will consist of action sports, mostly downhill skateboarding where Ill be shooting skateboarders riding at high speeds moving fast, panning the camera, and some on board shooting as well (meaning I will have the camera mounted to my person). Of course itll be used for some scenic shots and general shooting also.

My concern is motion blur. The vixia HF10, and other AVCHD camcorder videos Ive watched online a lot of the times have a lot of image blur, mostly when the camera is panning, Ive noticed. I thought this might just be my average laptop's perforamance not playing back well, so I went to an Apple store and got on some of there high end Mac computers and got on youtube to compare playback quality. I noticed the exact same motion blur on youtube, and vimeo videos. I have a standard definition GoPro helmet camera I use that makes motion look a lot better then some of the HD camcorder videos I have seen. The overall image quality Ive seen for the Vixia online is really nice, its just that when it goes into a pan or theres a lot of motion, all I see is bluuuuurrrrr. Is this a result of the AVCHD format? Storing to flash memory? Streaming websites? I havnt quite figured it out, but I dont wanna drop some dolla dolla billz on something that isnt going to suit what Im gonna be using it for.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    look up "cmos rolling shutter". if i were you i'd be looking for a 3ccd cam not cmos.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the info, read an article on dvxuser regaurding rolling shutter. The new question is, are there any ccd HD camcorders within the same price range of the Vixia hf10?
    Quote Quote