VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Trying to capture DV video using a Sony Digital8 camcorder using pass-through - i.e. actual source is a VCR going through the Sony camera. When I go to capture it asks me to insert a tape. When I click "reconnect to device" the video preview briefly shows up but it goes right back to the insert tape message.

How do I get it to recognize the camera as a pass-through device without requiring a tape? So far haven't found any option that makes this work.

Thanks for all input

Vegas Pro 8
    XP Pro SP3
    Sony TRV-240 Digital8
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    try winDV
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    try winDV
    Have an issue with WinDV as well. There isn't a preview. It captures but no preview. Preview has worked fine in the past.

Given that I paid $$ for Vegas it would be great to be able to capture with it. Already fixed a registry issue that prevented it from recognizing the DV cam at all.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    your version of vegas pro is a little out of date, they are currently on pro 12. vegas was never very good for capturing anyway. i'd try to fix whatever is causing winDV to malfunction, it's a much more useful capture program. there may be free version of ScenalyzerLive you could try.
    --
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    your version of vegas pro is a little out of date, they are currently on pro 12. vegas was never very good for capturing anyway. i'd try to fix whatever is causing winDV to malfunction, it's a much more useful capture program. there may be free version of ScenalyzerLive you could try.
    ~shrug~ It seems with DV it either works or it doesn't. I don't think there'd be any difference no matter what you capture with. Anyway, I got the answer - disabling Device control under the capture window.

Vegas Pro 8 more than meets my needs. There's still a universe of things within it I haven't explored yet.

Why do you feel WinDV is more useful? What will it do that Vegas won't?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    winDV does just what's needed. easily captures dv with no fuss, and has all the options needed including things like stopping capture on dropped frames.
    --
    Quote Quote