VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If I need my DVD-R's that I burned on a Panasonic E60 to play on the majority of home DVD players is it better to go with the expensive media, Like the Panasonic -R's.
    Dark booty out.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Please define what you call "expensive".

I've had problems with certain media not working in 100% of the players that I've tried.

In my experiences, I've had 100% compatibility with Verbatim and TDK (that's the real TDK stuff), even in Sony's PS2 (the most picky player).
    ICBM target coordinates:
    26° 14' 10.16"N -- 80° 16' 0.91"W
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Like 3-5$ a disc. Like panasonic discs. What is the real TDK?
    Dark booty out.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    manosteele12

I have a HS2, which is similar to the E60. I believe the E60 is a second generation, so you may not have the trouble I did. But, In my experience there are going to be compatibility issues with DVD-R media buring from the Panasonic no matter what brand media you use.

Whenever I would burn a DVD-R in the HS2, it would play in my other DVD player, but wouldn't FF or RW. Also, in yet another player the media would not play at all. I tried all different types of media: TDK, Apple, ACCU (from meritline.com), Memorex etc. with the same result in both players. There are a couple of threads about this, but the problem has something to do with the way Panasonic burns the DVD-R.

I have since purchased a PC DVD burner. I can copy the content from the HS2 via DVD-RAM to DVD-R on my PC. So far, all PC burned disks now play fine in both DVD players.

I would just to some testing, don't buy in bulk and see the results you get.

Good Luck,
    Tearren
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Real TDKs are the branded type (TDK told me last year that they do NOT sell unbranded TDKs at all). A lot (if not all) of the generic, unbranded TDK discs are pirate media.

Try BestBuy for a small spindle (25 pieces) of TDK branded for about $2 a piece.
    ICBM target coordinates:
    26° 14' 10.16"N -- 80° 16' 0.91"W
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the help, have any of you used the panasonic brand? In my manual it says they were designed for the burner, I guess ill just get some of the TDK's and some other brands and see how it goes. Man its gona be some expensive testing .
    Dark booty out.
    Quote Quote