VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am using nero 8.3.6.0 that contains Nero Vision 5.

I am having terrible problems with making the menus work the way i want.

I have auto-created 10 chapters (four pages of chapter menus). I have activated advanced editing features too for greater control on the menu. On my main menu page i have created two entries 'Play Movie' and 'Scene Selection' (by duplicating the existing entry).

I point the 'Play Movie' link to the movie and the link 'Scene selection' points to the chapter menu. All works fine in the simulation but after tranbscoding into a DVD and playing back 90% of the timethe paly movie will not work or merely go into a back and forth loop or just close up abruptly or open something like the third chapter page etc. Likewise the 'scene selection' should open the first of the menu chapter pages but often it opens the last after rolling through the first two forcing me to go backward to the first chapter page.

I cannot understand this illogical behaviour that too after a perfect simulation!

Am i doing something wrong?? Is this a fault in nero vision and are there any solutions to this poor menu authoring behaviour from a program of supposedly high repute?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I am not sure where you get the idea that Nero is a program of high repute, especially when it comes to DVD authoring and encoding. It is certainly low on my list of software to turn to.

Make sure you are have applied the latest patches for all the Nero components - they release them very regularly.

Frankly, I have never liked Nero for DVD authoring or encoding, and stopped using it completely back in version 6. I know some people like the menu designs it offer, but frankly they don't seem worth the other problems Nero brings.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote