VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. ok so i got Final Cut express, what i want to do, is have 2 video tracks, and just fade into each other back and forth, (they are different angles of the same thing. I also have 1 audio track for the sole thing.
    Do i just lay each of my videos in the V1 and V2 slots, but how do i fade between them?

Im new to FCE, and help would be super appreciated.

thanks
    eric
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Click Window/Effects and drag the Cross Dissolve transition onto the top video. I typically have the top video be my cut to and my bottom video be my cut back to streams.

In the picture the video starts on the v1 track, cross dissolves to my v2 track, then dissolves back to my v1 track.
    Quote Quote  
  3. or if you like to, you can cut the clips into chunks and have the ends overlapping (and put the transitions on those overlapping parts) It all depends on your editing style and how you do things. (You will find that there is more than one way to do EVERYTHING in a NLE system) So enjoy! Peace
    "What's a matter Colonel Sanders???? CHICKEN???!!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by FCPguy
    or if you like to, you can cut the clips into chunks and have the ends overlapping (and put the transitions on those overlapping parts) It all depends on your editing style and how you do things. (You will find that there is more than one way to do EVERYTHING in a NLE system) So enjoy! Peace
    Very true. Everyone edits in their own way. I just find it easier to line up scence if you leave 1 video track intact and edit around it, then cut the unused areas of the video track and remove them so you don't have to waste time rendering them.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I do the same most of the time (unless setting up for something special or if something else keeps me from doing so (like if there's another alpha channel ect that gets in the way) Love your webpage BTW, it really helped me in customizing some templates. When I get some spare time I'll make a few and send em your way! PEace!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by FCPguy
    Love your webpage BTW, it really helped me in customizing some templates.
    Glad it helped

When I get some spare time I'll make a few and send em your way!
    Heck yeah, I'll be glad to host them. I haven't made a template in a while now......I'll make one now.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I haven't totally decided on my theme, I think I'll make something really natural and earthy that people can use for more natural type stuff. (then my next is a sci-fi homage to war of the worlds!!! BOOYAKA!! he he ...
    Oh yeah, did I mention I'm a nerd... , well you know now.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Would you use the same methods that you had already talked about if you were using Final Cut Pro? Or if you had 3 or 4 video tracks?

Thanks,
    Wolfwood87
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by wolfwood87
    Would you use the same methods that you had already talked about if you were using Final Cut Pro? Or if you had 3 or 4 video tracks?

Thanks,
    Wolfwood87
    Actually the picture I posted was from FCP. It would be exactly the same.

Quote Quote