+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i want add audio to file ssif
    pls help me?
    tsmuxer not support
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    No. Please wait some weeks before you bump/reply your thread.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    A SSIF file is <PART> of a complete authored & compiled BD3D disc. It is NOT supposed to be used in standalone mode without having ripped & demultiplexed (demux) it to it's standard TS container (or even to its elementary streams).

If you go to the trouble of ripping & demuxing, you'll be able to use the TS or elementary streams as input to a NEW BD3D authored composition (using BD3D authoring app, such as comes with Vegas Pro 11). THAT is where you would be able to add a separate (or additional) audio.

I'm guessing that you don't intend to go to all that trouble. If that is the case, you're SOL. I know of no apps that "add" audio to either 2D or 3D authored BD discs.

What might get you by: Playing the decrypted SSIFs with Stereoscopic player, but telling the player to play the audio from a separate source. Might work, might not...

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  4. The Popcorn Hour A-400 can play SSIF files in 3D, and it's a perfectly valid format to be used stand-alone.
    SSIF (stereoscopic interleaved file) is in fact an m2ts file with sequence of packets from of the base view m2ts, then sequence of packets from the dependent view m2ts and so on...
    (usually the base view m2ts contains the base H.264 video stream and audio streams, while the dependent view m2ts only contains the dependent H.264 stream)
    The SSIF file contains the same packets those two files has, with those packets ordered to be suitable for linear read (to prevent excessive seeking when playing back 3D content, note that the disk itself has both the separate m2ts files and the SSIF point to the same sectors, so there is no duplicity there)

I began writing a multiplexer, but then I realized that Dolby Digital is limited to constant bitrate, so I just replaced one AC3 track with another track (of the same length and bitrate) without changing the size of the original ssif, so if your source already contains a constant bitrate audio track (that you don't need) and if you have a some programming skills, you could relatively easily perform such in-place replacement and write the new track instead.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Next time you graverob a 3 year old thread, think about the fact that what was NOT possible 3 years ago might now be possible, but it doesn't negate what was written then, nor should the thread be updated without it being clear that time has passed. Otherwise, START A NEW THREAD!!

Takes all of 1 minute.

Also, even if Popcorn Hour & similar devices/apps CAN use raw SSIF files, doesn't mean that was how they were MEANT to be viewed.

Also, also, I think you better read up on the difference between "duplication" and "duplicity".

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  6. You're absolutely right Scott,
    In case anyone is interested, I completed writing my SSIF multiplexer, so now you can add as many audio tracks as you want:
    Code:
    MP4Maker /mux /input=C:\Left.h264 /input=C:\Right.h264 /input=C:\Audio.ac3 /output=C:\output.ssif
    Quote Quote