VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. HP Pavilion a6863w Desktop

My system is AMD Phenom 9150e Quad Core 1.80GHz, 7G ram, running Windows 7 Pro ***Currently with an ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics Card ***

My wife plays Sims 3, and it is sluggish. The only thing I thought it could be is the video card. So, can you tell me if my current video card is bad/good/should work?

Also, I purchased a pny verto nvidia geforce gt 430, could you tell me if this a bad/good/better than other card?
    Is this card compatible?

Thanks
    Last edited by mathias111; 3rd Aug 2011 at 07:22. Reason: additional information
    Quote Quote  
  2. The HD 3200 is fairly respectable for an integrated chipset. The GT 430 should be about 3 times faster -- judging by 3dmark06 scores.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    the hd 3200 is about the bottom of the barrel for vid cards. the 430 is a good value and about 7 times faster. the best value i've seen is a gtx 465 which is about 25 times faster than your card and reasonably priced.

specs here - http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks for the tips guys -- I'm going to go ahead and do the switch.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    Nice site!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    make sure to go to newegg and check their specials. they have a gtx 430 for $39.99 after rebate and free shipping.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    make sure to go to newegg and check their specials. they have a gtx 430 for $39.99 after rebate and free shipping.

Thanks for the advice, but I had already bought it at Best Buy 79.00, I think. I installed it and it is working great though. Images load much faster, and (as far as I can tell) The Sims game is running flawlessly at max settings.

Thanks for the help
    Quote Quote