VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I am really frustrated with DV capturing on Windows 7 64bit with my Sony PC101-E (approx. 8 years old). On WinXP there was never a problem!

During capturing with Magix Video Deluxe 16 plus on the preview-screen the film is stuttering sometimes (not every time!) for 2-3 seconds. On the recorded video these scenes are played back faster (fast motion).

I tried this on a different Windwos 7 64bit PC. The problem is similar, except that instead of fast motion some block artefacts are visible in the scene.

On a Windows 7 32bit system the problem does not exist.

I tried also an other Sony camcorder. I had the same problem.

I contacted Sony, but they told me that the camcorder supports Windows 7 64bit.

I also tried the legacy firewire driver and others from Windows 7. No success.

I also tried Windows Movie Maker. I have the same problems. Also with a clean new installation, without Magix.

I would be really happy, if somebody could help me! Thanks in advance!

best regards
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    try using winDV. it's the only thing you need to capture DVavi. make sure it's set to run as admin.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    After trying many "tricks" found over the internet to make my capture work on windows 7 I found a solution that may help others.

Basically there was a drivers missing called "ksthunk.sys" in the AV/C Tape Recorder/Player device.

[Attachment 44764 - Click to enlarge]

If it's your case you can add it by accessing the "Imaging Devices" resgister key (see pictures)

To add it to the device you have to add in the register

[Attachment 44765 - Click to enlarge]

Here is a video explaining how to add the ksthunk.sys
    The only difference in the video is the fix was targeted to the "sounds, video and game controllers" [4D36E96] instead of the "imaging drivers" [6BDD1FC6].

https://youtu.be/cn5VEFoAjVE

Good luck!
    Quote Quote