VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi
    I hope this is the right forum.
    I want to know if there is any easy way to add chapters to a muxed mkv and have the chapters working on my WDTV Live?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I guess you have to manually use mkvtoolnix in mac.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Should work with Hybrid:
    1. start Hybrid
    2. set "Main->Primary Input Selection->Video handling" to "passthrough" (to make sure the video is not touched)
    3. set "Main->Primary Input Selection->Audio handling" to "passthrough all" (to make sure the audio is not touched)
    4. set "Config->Output->Container Settings->General Settings->Standard output container" to "mkv"
      If you require some special mkv compatibility settings to be enabled, check out "Config->Output->Container Settings->Mkv Settings" and dis-/enable what you need.
    5. enable "Config->Automation->Passthrough streams->Subtitle" (to make sure the subtitles are not touched)
    6. enable "Config->Automation->On Load->Always extract timecodes from mp4/mkv/flv files" (to make sure vfr timecodes will be kept even if MediaInfo reports the file as cfr)
    7. set "Config->Path->Default output path" or enable "Config->Path->Adjust->Output path to source path"
    8. enable "Main->Generate"
    9. drag&drop all the file you want to process onto the input line (Hybrid will then start to analyze the files)
    10. Switch to the Chapter tab and add the chapter you want
    11. press "Main->Add to Queue"; Hybrid will then create all the necessary jobs for your files
    12. start the processing by pressing "Jobs->Start"

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    I guess you have to manually use mkvtoolnix in mac.
    Hi Baldrick,
    Thanx for the link. I take it then there's no automated task for adding the chapters e.g. one every 5 mins or whatever.

Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    Should work with Hybrid:
    Hi Selur,
    Thanx for the link. Does Hybrid have a guide I can browse through?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Does Hybrid have a guide I can browse through?
    afaik. No it has a lot of tool-tips which should explain some stuff, but Hybrid is mainly ment for users which know what they do
    Quote Quote  
  6. if you are familiar with XML, mkvtoolnix supports chapters in details as xml inputs.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Ok thanx for the info and links. I'll try and get my head around them.
    Quote Quote