VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. VidOn Box, a new Android Box which supports full menus in BD is quite different from the old ones.

1) Firstly, is the performance. The new vidon box is more delicate and beautiful than the old ones with gold rose color.
    2) Secondly, is the price. The old one is $239 but the new box only charges $49 with more powerful features.
    3) Thirdly, is the software. The new vidon box has a new software named VidOn Media Center, it has all the features of VidOn XBMC but addons. And in the near future it will has more advanced functions, such as mobile transfer, camera upload , personal private etc.
    4) fourthly, the charge mode. This time they charge it by hardware + software. They called the software "membership service". Users should buy one year membership service for totally $23.88, thus they can experience the advance features of vidon box.After one year users can decide whether to renew it or not. Even this charge mode is new, but totally $72.88 is so cheap than other android box which has the same configuration, such as g-box.

Have you know much more about it? I am considering whether to buy it, so i am looking forward to hear the opinion of yours.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I suspect that you work for VidOn.me and are posing as an ordinary member to generate interest in their new product but will reply anyway.

I find the case design to be unattractive, and I would prefer black to blend in with my other consumer electronics, but to each his own. I don't like the idea of a hardware media player that requires paying a monthly or yearly subscription, but that negative is likely due to DVDFab's involvement in this project.

There is a recent thread on the previous VidOn.me product at the AVSforum, where it was mentioned that the earlier product has menu support for 2D Blu-Ray ISOs but not 3D Blu-Ray ISOs. (...and if DVDFab's unlicensed software player is any indication, 2D menu navigation is likely to be flawed.) The AVSForum thread also indicated that if the player fails under warranty, it has to be shipped back to China for repair or replacement, which may cost more than the player is worth.

I would be leery of buying one, even if it is cheap at the outset.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 20th Aug 2014 at 10:23.
    Quote Quote  
  3. usually_quiet is spot on. I suspect the same.

Arrange service agents, US and EU/UK outlets, warehousing and online outlets (amazon would be good) and you may have a winner.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I don't get it. Who would pay a subscription for what's essentially a piece of hardware running XBMC?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    I suspect that you work for VidOn.me and are posing as an ordinary member to generate interest in their new product but will reply anyway.
    Exactly.
    VidOn Box fire hazard.
    VidOn Box ripoff.
    VidOn Box membership service ripoff.
    VidOn Box credit card fraud.
    VidOn Box paypal fraud.
    VidOn Box dead.
    VidOn Box broken.
    VidOn Box won't play my video.
    VidOn Box shuts down.
    VidOn Box spammers suck.

Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    I don't get it. Who would pay a subscription for what's essentially a piece of hardware running XBMC?
    The subscription is for "advanced features", meaning Blu-Ray ISO menu support from DVDFab, and mobile transfer, camera upload, etc.

Of course if VLC's team achieves their goal of adding Blu-Ray navigation, some clever person may figure out a way to use their libraries with XBMC for free, and at that point a lot of customers will loose interest in paying a subscription.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    I don't get it. Who would pay a subscription for what's essentially a piece of hardware running XBMC?
    The subscription is for "advanced features", meaning Blu-Ray ISO menu support from DVDFab, and mobile transfer, camera upload, etc.

Of course if VLC's team achieves their goal of adding Blu-Ray navigation, some clever person may figure out a way to use their libraries with XBMC for free, and at that point a lot of customers will loose interest in paying a subscription.
    You're quite reasonable, except for that VLC haven't achieve it. God bless you.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post

I find the case design to be unattractive, and I would prefer black to blend in with my other consumer electronics, but to each his own. I don't like the idea of a hardware media player that requires paying a monthly or yearly subscription, but that negative is likely due to DVDFab's involvement in this project.

There is a recent thread on the previous VidOn.me product at the AVSforum, where it was mentioned that the earlier product has menu support for 2D Blu-Ray ISOs but not 3D Blu-Ray ISOs. (...and if DVDFab's unlicensed software player is any indication, 2D menu navigation is likely to be flawed.) The AVSForum thread also indicated that if the player fails under warranty, it has to be shipped back to China for repair or replacement, which may cost more than the player is worth.

I would be leery of buying one, even if it is cheap at the outset.

Thank you for your reply, your recommendation is reasonable, so i will confirm whther the box is like what they advertise, together with the Changing or Refunding sevice. But i am not a member of vidon.me. I haven't seen much review about the vidon box, so i come here to communicate with you. Every product has its purchaser, i am considering it not means I am working on it, right? Anyway, i will refer to your reply and be prudent. Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by transporterfan View Post
    usually_quiet is spot on. I suspect the same.

Arrange service agents, US and EU/UK outlets, warehousing and online outlets (amazon would be good) and you may have a winner.
    Couldn't agree more, g-box is in this way
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    We needn't pay for the XBMC, the VidOn XBMC can be used for free. The membership service seems to be some advanced features of VidOn Media Center(A software which has all the features of VidOn XBMC, but more), such as private cloud, thus we can turn the box into a htpc.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Without the subscription, it is just another cheap Android XBMC box.

We are sure getting special treatment from VidOn.me. They sent not one but two shills to join VideoHelp within the last day or so just to promote this cheap Android XBMC player. They must have a truly lackluster product to resort to these tactics.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Exactly.
    VidOn Box fire hazard.
    VidOn Box ripoff.
    VidOn Box membership service ripoff.
    VidOn Box credit card fraud.
    VidOn Box paypal fraud.
    VidOn Box dead.
    VidOn Box broken.
    VidOn Box won't play my video.
    VidOn Box shuts down.
    VidOn Box spammers suck.

Wow, you have so much complain about it, have you ever purchased their product?
    Exactly i have seen some negative comments about av100/200 in the beginning, but afterwards they provide continuous renewal, there are really some praise appears in the forum.
    I saw their website and found the new box seems to have a huge innovation, such as appearance, price and the function. So i hope they can have much improvement this time.
    I won't buy the first or second generation of a new brand, but the third generation will be ripe and cheap. So i tend to have a try this time. If the new box is not like the publicity, i will lose confident for VidOn.me guys. Anyway i hope they won't disappoint me.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It is very difficult to disappoint a shill...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Jency View Post
    Exactly i have seen some negative comments about av100/200 in the beginning, but afterwards they provide continuous renewal, there are really some praise appears in the forum. I saw their website and found the new box seems to have a huge innovation, such as appearance, price and the function. So i hope they can have much improvement this time.
    So why still troll videohelp? If you say and you observed the wretched box is that damn good and you do not work for whoever makes it, go on ahead and buy 10 of them already. You do not need our opinions about it.
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Lunaloca View Post
    You're quite reasonable, except for that VLC haven't achieve it. God bless you.
    IMHO you should start shilling in a new thread. This one's taken care of already.
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Jency View Post
    Wow, you have so much complain about it, have you ever purchased their product?
    Google "VidOn Box ripoff."................
    FIRST Google return. TOP of the page, first page.
    VideoHelp is a VERY popular site. Don't spam or shill here. Get permission or pay for advertising like normal people/companies do.
    Lesson learned - tell your friends.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!