VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

Is there a SVCD2DVD registry setting to bypass the re-encoding of 544x480 material?

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I doubt it. In any case, 544*480 is not DVD compliant. How would it be of any use to you?
    Quote Quote  
  3. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    In any case, 544*480 is not DVD compliant. How would it be of any use to you?
    Well, if the target is a non-picky hardware player, and if the authoring application is versatile like DVD-lab PRO, there will be no problemos.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks. I tried DVDLab Pro, simple movie setting then Compile DVD. It stops at remux stage telling me that the resolution 544x480 is not compliant and that my video has open GOPs. Is there a turn off compliance setting that I missed?
    Quote Quote  
  5. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by calbear94 View Post
    Is there a turn off compliance setting that I missed?
    Surely there is --- the only problem is, I don't remember where to find it anymore

I have the version 2.24 of DVD-lab PRO, BUT I still haven't reinstalled it after moving house from XP Home to XP Pro.

Anyway, keep in mind that certain SAPs have difficulties with chapter points when the video has open GOPs.
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 7th Aug 2012 at 10:54.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    In any case, 544*480 is not DVD compliant. How would it be of any use to you?
    Well, if the target is a non-picky hardware player, and if the authoring application is versatile like DVD-lab PRO, there will be no problemos.
    Thanks for the info. I'm surprised any authoring app. would accept it. DVD-lab PRO? ($$ version only?)
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was able to author it without a menu or chapter points using IFO-Edit>DVDShrink>Nero. IFO-Edit did not produce burnable files, so I tried DVDShrink on the folder. I didn't use DVDShrink to re-encode the video, just to fix the .ifo's (or whatever the problem was). I got a DVD that was playable on two different players (a Samsung Blu-Ray and a Magnavox DVD-R Recorder).
    Quote Quote