VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, im having problems burning on RW media (with my Samsung SH-S202J), it affects both cd/dvd. Im running windows xp, and all the latest drivers etc.

The burn goes fine as far as you can monitor it, ive been useing latest nero/nero7/imgburner and cdxp, tryied burning from opticalsource and from local harddrive. The problem im having is that on all other players/drivers i cant find the media i burned (claims the media is empty), on any other drive then the one i burnt it on.

Ive tryied 6 diffent DVD+r RW media verbatim infiniti Fujifilm memorex maxwell and datawrite. So im guessing the media aint the problem. And i since it affects CD+R RWs also im guessing the problem isnt the media.

The driver works fine on DVD+/-R and CD+R no mather what manufacture i use.

What could be wrong with my burner?
    This message is posted on Videohelp.com and sent to Samsung.com

Best Regards
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    try using IMGBURN to burn instead of NERO. make sure you're formatting the DVD+RW discs before you burn. you could also post your question in the SAMSUNG FORUM at Cdfreaks.com.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by budz
    try using IMGBURN to burn instead of NERO. make sure you're formatting the DVD+RW discs before you burn. you could also post your question in the SAMSUNG FORUM at Cdfreaks.com.
    I have been useing imgburn also
    Originally Posted by builder
    ive been useing latest nero/nero7/imgburner and cdxp
    Ok cdfreaks.com sounds like a smart place to ask also.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are you fully formatting the RW discs before you burn them? If you aren't that could be the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes i am fully erasing them also ofcourse tryied fast erasying them also. The thing that irritate me the most is i cant test it the drive on another computer since i dont have accses to another computer since i just moved 40miles.

And what ever i burn works on my sh202j/stationary but not on my laptop/dvdplayer. But if i burn with my laptop it works on all the others problem is that, the laptop only got 10/10 network card and it takes for ever to transfer a bigfiles.

So i rather burn on my stationary, and if you bought something you want it to work.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    How exactly are you burning the discs? (ie: what mode are you using) You should just be burning the discs as data (the same as you would a regular DVD). Also, don't use multi-session.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote