VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm trying to encode my 1080P capture to MKV while keeping 59.940 framerate, all software I have used keeps converting the framerate to 59.880. Can some help me out.

Now onto the issue.

I tried handbrake everytime it converts to a solid 60.000FPS, I select 59.940 tried both use source or select 59.940. Tried both variable and constant, same result.

I also tried Staxrip using directshow, AVCsource and FFvideosource for the source. The result had framerate at 59.880.

I have no idea what I am doing wrong, can someone help me out. Not sure if it's the software or I'm just missing a step.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Did you try this?

FFVideoSource("D:\Source Video.mkv", fpsnum=60000, fpsden=1001)

Or this?

DirectShowSource("D:\Source Video.mkv", fps=59.940, convertfps=true)

Or this?

AVCSource("D:\Source Video.mkv")
    AssumeFPS(60000, 1001)

http://avisynth.org.ru/docs/english/corefilters/fps.htm

What happens to the audio when the video frame rate changes? Does it go out of sync? I only ask because the frame rate increasing seems a little odd, but if the frame count remains the same then the audio sync probably should change.
    Are you sure the original is a 59.940fps constant frame rate?

I'm not sure how easy Staxrip makes it to modify the scripts it creates. If it's not practical, MeGUI makes modifying them fairly easy. I think Hybrid does too. For DirectShowSource and FFVideoSource, MeGUI adds the frame rate conversion stuff to the script automatically. If it gets it wrong (it defaults to 23.976 if it can't determine the frame rate for some reason) you'll need to change the script yourself.
    Last edited by hello_hello; 6th Sep 2014 at 03:47.
    Quote Quote  
  3. After looking at the H.264 file, it's perfectly fine. It seems when Audio & video are merged to create a MKV thats when framerate gets screwed up. When I create a MP4 everything is fine, It's only when I create a MKV file this happens.
    Quote Quote  
  4. How are you determining the frame rate ?

How did you mux MKV ? Use something else like MKVMerge
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    How are you determining the frame rate ?

How did you mux MKV ? Use something else like MKVMerge
    Using mediaInfo and already using MKVmerge.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!