VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Ok, so here is my dilema,
    I am currently trying to build a custom Bluray disc for the purposes of having a number of specific scenes from different movies stored and ready for usage. The requirements are that I need to maintain lossless audio (DTS, True, or so on) and lossless video (non-compressed and hopefully without re-encoding). I understand how AnyDVD HD and other rippers work, but I want to extract specific scenes (I know the times for start and finish) from movies.

Once I have all the scenes extracted I plan to build them into a single disc. Custom menu interface would be nice but not necessary so long as I can distinguish each scene through a chapter marker.

I have searched over different forums and have found differing pieces of information however, to do all of this (rip, extract, rebuild) without audio or video loss is proving to be more challenging than I wanted it to be.

At the very least If I can simply extract the lossless scenes with audio that would make this much easier as I could then place them on a tablet for usage through a pre-amp/amp setup to achieve the overall goal. (everything will be running off of a pre-amp/amp build on HiFi speakers paired with something like a denon 4311 or better)

I already have anyDVD HD and can rip my movies to my PC without any issues.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I think DVDFab can cut out blu-rays clips pretty easy. You can at least try the trial.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the reply. Im testing it now.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Ok, so everything is now extracted as needed. A new issue has now arose... When I am authoring the disk with multiAVCHD, it gives me crazy errors while building the disk as it approaches the end. Looking into the issue, even though the folders are named differently, the .m2ts files with the same error out... meaning that if I have 2 files with 00010.m2ts if completely different folders, and in different chapters, only 1 gets added to the disk build during the rebuild. simply renaming the m2ts has yielded even greater error as I had expected. Anyone know if there is a simple way around this, or perhaps a method to rename the .m2ts file easily?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    I think DVDFab can cut out blu-rays clips pretty easy. You can at least try the trial.
    As far as i have ever been able to see, DVDFab only does full bluray copy, no editing, or movie only which allows you to select what audio and subtitle tracks to retain.

No editing as far as cutting and retaining specific scenes or user selected sections......

No kind of editor as far as a full bluray resolution or audio is concerned.

Maybe in one of it's converting modes, but i don't know as i have not really used it for converting formats, just for ripping full disc's.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I think maybe what I asked was confusing. I want to change a m2ts file from say 00100.m2ts to 00110.m2ts but am running into a large number of errors. I have tried renaming the associated files to the same name, but that maintains the same errors. Any thoughts?

Im working with about 15 .m2ts files and a number have duplicate names. EX.
    00010.m2ts and a second 00010.m2ts. The first gets rebuilt into the bluray, the second errors out.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can't just rename files. I guess you have to find another blu-ray authoring solution as multiavchd is no longer developed. Maybe avchdcoder or bdtoavchd or tsmuxer.

But could you extract blu-ray clips with dvdfab? Or did you use something else.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Another way could be VSO Free AVCHD Editor. You can either import a complete Blu-ray and cut out the parts you don't want, or you can load your own video clips and make a disk.
    Das Leben ist eine Nebelwand voller Rasierklingen. (C. Bukowski)
    Quote Quote  
  9. DVDFab was able to cut based off of chapter markers... so in essence Yes and then also no... meaning i could cut an entire chapter out but I could not cut say 1:21:13 -> 1:26:27 using timestamps or frames... In the end I am happy with the scenes I now have extracted, but no matter what I do using multiAVCHD i always get an "error line 109" issue and the program crashes, albeit after completing the majority of the build (that I might add is playable in a bluray player - tested on Sony S580 and Panasonic 210 as well as a couple of Denon and Pioneer Elite players... LG however and Samsung come up with saying the disk is a data disk and is unplayable oddly enough)(additionally my Oppo plays it just fine!)

Also just a note, the scenes with duplicated file names do not get added to the build and simply seem to be skipped as the builder thinks that they are the same file or cannot understand/build using multiple "same named" .m2ts files.
    Quote Quote  
  10. To be honest what I really need is simply a way to rename the m2ts files... even if i need to use like tsmuxer or something... anyone know an easy way?
    Quote Quote