VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So my question is how do I split the video track (Of the Demuxed DVD) in a specific time letīs say I want to split the track from 00:00:00 to 1:03:43 remaining the original quality and then how do I split the audio in the same way (with out losing audio quality).

And after that wich software should I use to mux the audio and video track that I splt

My other question is, since the DVD I have is a music concert, it has two audio files one in 2.0 and the other in 5.1, Iīm planning on uploading it to youtube but my doubt is with wich audio should I upload it, and the other what output for video should I use.

Note: I want to have the same quality of the DVD on youtube, so thatīs my real question. Split a part of the DVD and upload it with the same DVD quality

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. youtube uses flv and mp4 file format and low bitrate audio and video.so i don't think that you can get same dvd quality there
    Quote Quote  
  3. Use DVDShrink in Re-author mode, then select Start/End to extract a clip. As for audio YouTube only supports stereo, it also doesn't support AC3 or DTS.

http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=55744

I would extract the clip and import it to Handbrake to convert to H.264/stereo/AAC.
    Quote Quote  
  4. So dvdshrink will do the work with the extraction and handbrake the mux?
    In other topics is there any video hosting, that can handle more formats of audio and video?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by yudopplyr View Post
    So dvdshrink will do the work with the extraction and handbrake the mux?
    If the files are already demuxed then DVDShrink won't work, do you have the original DVD folder(VIDEO_TS) from the DVD? In fact you don't need DVDShrink if you have the VIDEO_TS folder, handbrake can extract the clip(using time or chapter).

As for other websites, I don't know of any that support 5.1 or multiple tracks.
    Side note: if the video is copyrighted it will get pulled from YouTube, maybe not right away but eventually.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I have the DVD, so Iīll use handbrake. Itīd be awesome if there I was able to keep the same quality of the dvd, I guess Iīll use youtube.
    Thanks for your time and the answers
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    One option would be to rip in IFO (pay attention to that spelling) mode with DVDDecrypter - if your DVD doesn't use one of the bad sector copy protection mechanisms (unlikely but not impossible that it uses it). Rip as one long VOB with no splitting. You can use something like MPEGVCR or VideoReDo to edit both the video and audio at the same time. Those editors are not free though.

Since you probably don't own the rights to the DVD and the performance on it, I don't know that you should knock yourself out over this. It will very likely be a matter of time (days or maybe even hours) before you get notified that you've uploaded infringing content.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by yudopplyr View Post
    I have the DVD, so Iīll use handbrake. Itīd be awesome if there I was able to keep the same quality of the dvd,
    Not gonna happen.
    And why do you keep mentioning demuxing/muxing? Who told you that was necessary?
    Quote Quote