VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. I need to understand why this video is going out of sync and what I can do to remedy it. I know it's original source was a DVD.

Format : AVI
    Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
    File size : 817 MiB
    Duration : 1h 25mn
    Overall bit rate : 1 340 Kbps
    Writing application : Lavf51.12.1

Video
    ID : 0
    Format : MPEG-4 Visual
    Format profile : Simple@L1
    Format settings, BVOP : No
    Format settings, QPel : No
    Format settings, GMC : No warppoints
    Format settings, Matrix : Default (H.263)
    Codec ID : DX50
    Codec ID/Hint : DivX 5
    Bit rate : 1 200 Kbps
    Width : 720 pixels
    Height : 480 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 3:2
    Frame rate : 23.976 fps
    Standard : NTSC
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.145
    Stream size : 731 MiB (90%)
    Writing library : Lavc51.40.4

Audio
    ID : 1
    Format : MPEG Audio
    Format version : Version 1
    Format profile : Layer 3
    Mode : Joint stereo
    Mode extension : MS Stereo
    Codec ID : 55
    Codec ID/Hint : MP3
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 128 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Stream size : 78.0 MiB (10%)
    Alignment : Aligned on interleaves
    Interleave, duration : 24 ms (0.58 video frame)
    Writing library : LAME3.97

2. Geez, you really expect miracles, don't you? There's no way to tell from the information you provided. None at all. So, you downloaded something from the internet and it's not in synch, is that about it? You get what you pay for.

And it's not a constant asynch (out of synch by the same amount throughout), but it gets worse as you go along in the video? And if it gets worse, is there some part where it suddenly jumps out of synch, or does it very gradually get more and more out of synch as the video plays?

This is the kind of information you should have provided initially.
    I need to understand why this video is going out of sync...
    Because you downloaded garbage.
    ...and what I can do to remedy it.
    If it's a constant asynch you add a delay in VDub and remux. Anything else and it's more difficult to fix.

Search Comp PM
    To add to the missed data noted above -

Does it only play out of sync on your PC ? on certain software ? on WMP ? on VLC ? or your TV ?

(and it also requires as noted above , details of whether it`s constant or gradual)

But as it`s probably a pirated movie , the rest is up to you and Google - look Google up in Google to see what it can do .
    Llamas are for life , not just for christmas

4. I'm just gonna pretend I didn't post here. Sorry to bother you guys.
    Why some people can't just say, "there's not enough info in your question" I'll never understand. Seriously manono, what is it? Is it that my stupidity is just so insulting to you that you can't resist the desire to put me in my place for asking such a dumb question? Is it that you just can't supress the need to demonstrate how much dumber other people are than you? EVERYTHING you said, you could have done by just saying, "we need more info to help you". And don't bother replying with the passive-aggressive, "geez, sorry, why are you so sensitive, I didn't mean you were stupid..." cause that's just a lame response.

And Sartori, while I appreciate the more constructive tips, thanks for assuming I had pirated a commercial DVD.

Mods can close this now, no good will come of it.

5. Originally Posted by tpapictures View Post
    I'm just gonna pretend I didn't post here. Sorry to bother you guys.
    Why some people can't just say, "there's not enough info in your question" I'll never understand. Seriously manono, what is it? Is it that my stupidity is just so insulting to you that you can't resist the desire to put me in my place for asking such a dumb question? Is it that you just can't supress the need to demonstrate how much dumber other people are than you? EVERYTHING you said, you could have done by just saying, "we need more info to help you". And don't bother replying with the passive-aggressive, "geez, sorry, why are you so sensitive, I didn't mean you were stupid..." cause that's just a lame response.

And Sartori, while I appreciate the more constructive tips, thanks for assuming I had pirated a commercial DVD.

Everything you have posted points to this being a low-quality pirated download incorrectly ivtc'd to 23.976. Folks here are always open to new information, but not impressed by being told how to respond.

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tpapictures View Post

There are posting rules which you obviously didn`t read and still you took more time to make a post than it would to have googled it and come back with "what it wasn`t" if you had made some effort to solve it yourself and still needed help , you lazy lazy lazy boy .

Yet , despite thinking that , I still gave you the benefit of the doubt and still took time out to help . meh .
    Llamas are for life , not just for christmas

Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!