VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Got a new internet company recently, it's a wireless broadband that goes through Verizon. I finally realized that my internet disconnects EVERY TIME I start up DvdFab. It still says connected, but I can't get online while DvdFab is running. Once I'm done ripping a movie, I have to reboot my computer to get back online. It took me awhile to figure out what was going on, but it's not a coincidence, I CAN NOT get online while DvdFab is running. Which means I can't update the program either.

Anyone else seen this problem and have a solution?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You paid $50 for it.....did you ask them?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    What hech54 said. That is quite bizarre. Given that ISPs in the USA have very foolishly been agreeing with the RIAA and MPAA to function as content cops and forfeit their safe harbor exception (mark my words that they will soon live to regret this) I can't rule out that this is deliberately being done by your ISP to punish you for being a (gasp!) copyright thief and using DVDFab. I think that is unlikely, but not impossible. More likely I suspect that DVDFab has some kind of feature that when it starts it checks automatically for updates and this is causing your connection to have fits.

Keep in mind that I'm being facetious in calling you a copyright thief, but you should understand that from the perspective of the MPAA that there is NO legitimate use for DVDFab at all except to steal. That's just how they see things. Saying you need to rip DVDs so your kids can watch them on an iPad, phone, or whatever carries no weight with them. They'll say "Just buy a new release with a digital copy".
    Quote Quote  
  4. For anyone else seeing this problem, I have solved it. My USB modem was listed in My Computer as E: and inside the setting of DVDFAB it was set to check the D: and the E: Turned off it accessing the E: and problem is solved!
    Quote Quote  
  5. I was using dvdfab with no problems including a couple weeks ago. Now when I put in a blu ray disc after scanning it says an unknown error has occurred
    I then updated to the 8207 version and it did the same thing; then I tried a disc that I know worked in the previous version and it also does the same thing; I get the unknow error has occurred

does anyone know how to correct this?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I was always a big fan & always recommended DVDFab until several versions ago where they made their software REQUIRE an internet connection or the Bluray ripping function would not work!!

I have not used it since!!

I have a dedicated quad core PC that NEVER goes online and I can't even use their software on it.
    Soooooo.......
    Screw them!!

I won't even go into the few versions where their Bluray ripper was totally screwed and I wasted a few Bluray disc's before they & I realized it was their program screwing up the rips!!
    Quote Quote