VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi...new to the site...just bought an EasyCap USB Capture Device (obviously I want to get my videos onto PC and into longer lasting DVD's). Understood the basics. Set-up the software & drivers. Got all the right leads for connection to my VCR, etc. I understand the basics of the software and have captured quite a bit of material with sound & audio present. I'm still using the same video at the moment - quite a lot of stuff on it.

However, it all seems to be very temperamental. Sometimes I'll capture a part of the video completely fine and then - more often than not - the audio & video don't sync in the correct time. It's so annoying! Talking & speech look so stupid! I can't figure out why it's doing this. I've tried capturing from my Sky box and - every time - the audio & video syncs perfectly. The problem only arises when recording from video.

If anyone has encountered this problem and fixed it, I could really use the help & advice...I don't know what else to try. Before writing this post & wasting other peoples' time, I did scour this forum for any answers already posted but just got more confused with problems like, I may have the wrong sound card, my PC isn't fast enough, I'm recording at the wrong Frames per second, etc. Please help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When you install Easycap most things are shaded out and are default at the frame rate for either pal or ntsc. Have you got under File-----Preferences----- general tab, under playback method high quality playback selected from the pull down menu rather than the instant playback selected. This might cause synchronization faults. Other than that It seem very strange indeed.

It could also be that your computers resources are being stretched to the limit. Sometimes all things may seem odd in real time but have you tried to burn this capture to a dvd blank just to see how the final output worked. Maybe the graphics card is showing mis match but the final burn to dvd may play in correct sync. You only have got a blank dvd to waste and see............it might come up OK.

When copying a dvd there are scene "jumps" whilst in preview but when finalised all frames and sych are working fine. Can only try!
    Quote Quote