VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Greets.

First of all, I'm really unsure if whether I've posted this thread on the right board, but since there I didn't found any dedicated Win32 Linear-Editing Software forum (maybe I'm blind, if that would be the case please correct me!).

However, to the issue..

Sony Vegas + LAME MPEG Layer-3 Encoder = FALSE/TRUE?

This started until I had upgraded to Fraunhofer Professional (so I was stuck with <56kbps mp3 encoding), then I stripped Google to find a solution. Lots of people then talked about the LAME ACM encoder? So I tried it, however, I got the "An error occured when opening the codec" error box - like everyone else, it seems, after re-visiting Google with that debug message.

So, no one seems to have the correct answer, really wicked. So, I've purchased Fraunhofer Pro and won't really need the LAME anymore, but I still think about the problem a few night a week when I'm laying in my bed.. "What if you can(!) make the LAME ACM work with Vegas, maybe(!!) it was just some conflict, i.e. w/ the ancient(!) Fraunhofer Advanced that was laying there, or something else..?", and so I keep on wondering.

So, my question..

Has _ANYONE(!!!)_ here got LAME to work with Vegas. I'm talking Vegas 8, but any experience from Vegas 6/7 is interesting aswell. So, consider this sort of a poll However, if I get some really elite veteran dropping a "Vegas suffers from LAME ACM incompitability, no workarounds known!", I will cut my quest and rest silent... in peace with myself!

Thanks for all answers!
    Drop dead gorgeous!
    Quote Quote  
  2. it doesn't say which encoder it is using and i never tried to find out but this is what it looks like when i bring it up.

Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sony Vegas uses mp3plug2.dll :
    MPEG Layer-3 audio coding technology licensed from Fraunhofer IIS and Thomson

I remember that on older versions of Vegas you had to buy this separate for activating. But since version 7 I guess itīs included. Right ?
    Never had problems with 7 nor 8.
    Same picture as minidv2dvd on my screen.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Funny..

From Vegas 8 it doesn't look like that.
    In there, chosing VFW (.AVI), gives you a wide selection of compressions under the Audio tab, there among "MPEG Layer-3", which seems to load choices loaded from any possible occurrence of l3codecp.acm (windows/system32 dir). If l3codecp.acm doesn't exist, then you won't have the choice of MP3 encoding.

Anyways..
    The issue..

Installing LAME ACM reveals the "LAME MP3" choice among those compression methods. Weee, so far so good. However, choosing (just any) bit-/samplerate and pulling the "Render!" lever, will produce the box "An error occurred when opening the codec", and this is what I'm trying real hard to figure out. A debug log would be awsome here! 8)

Anyways, please continue spitting out any experience of LAME ACM+SONY VEGAS.
    Drop dead gorgeous!
    Quote Quote