VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Does anyone know how I can blow up an avi file an have it keep its clearity thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    usually when you blow something up it's usually in too many pieces for clarity to become an issue.
    Quote Quote  
  3. You know what I mean enlarge the file to full screen.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In the real world the answer is no! In the world of make believe, yes!

Please give more details.
    bits
    Quote Quote  
  5. I have an avi file that my security cameras made and when I make them full screen they are blurry I need to clean it up some when its fullscreen or enlarged. thanks for the help
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Capture the file in a larger format. Stretching and skewing an image will always produce blurry or pixelated results.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I understand that but that dont help me with what I have, so your saying there is nothing out there that I can use to enlarge my video and make it still be clear?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Nothing that I know of. You must capture the image in a better format or your must capture an image in a larger image size in order to bring it full screen without lossing clarity.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Thanks for the input, and have a good one.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Does your security camera software offer you the option to record in a different format(MPG or other)? Can you change the capture size?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You could drop it into VirtualDub and apply some filters from http://neuron2.net/
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I second what redwudz has to say - you've nothing to lose by trying it anyways, right?

Best of luck!

TTWC
    "I've got a present for ya!" - TTWC
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    He's been watching too much tv. You just can't realistically enlarge low resolution to make it clearer, no matter what CSI or Law & Order depict.
    TANSTAAFL
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yep, like blowing up one of the above avitars to make it a desktop wallpaper and expecting it to retain detail. Except in the case of video you have to do it for 25fps or whatever.

Best you can do is try some sharpening filters and use a decent resize filter.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Those old security cam resolutions of 10 years ago couldn't even show the license plate
    Quote Quote  
  16. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Since it is a security camera my suggestion remains to capture your footage at a larger frame. It will take up more space but you will have better clarity or at least a larger image.
    Quote Quote