VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote  
  2. Doesnt seem to work for me. Says the installer is corrupted (happens with the Wondershare installer from the main site also). Tried it on a laptop and a desktop PC and the same result. Very strange.

Edit: WORKAROUND - register the freebie and get the free license number, then download the full program from CNET. Works like a charm.
    Last edited by transporterfan; 18th Dec 2013 at 13:49.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm on Win 7 Prof 32 bit, it installed just fine.
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote  
  4. Vista x64....say nothin'!
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Is it any good? Doesn't look that useful...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm at work, but when I get home, I plan to play around with it. It looks very simple to use, maybe something useful for someone who would like to try something other than Windows Movie Maker. Can't beat the price at least.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    They would have to pay me before I tried it....I have banned too many wondershare spammers over the years.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    They would have to pay me before I tried it....I have banned too many wondershare spammers over the years.
    I think the same way...all these cheapware are a scam....almost all of them are using freeware for their frontend.
    Anyone can do the same things with open source/freeware programs.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Not great. Good for taking the adverts out of something you only plan to watch once.
    Nobody should do a wedding with it.

Video bitrates are presets, no user setting, no bitrate calculator though it does have reasonable range for both SD and HD.
    Most formats catered for including DV and image formats.
    Lots of effects and transitions.
    Sound limited to MP3, AAC, AC-3,WMA and PCM (dependent on user choice of video format)
    2 channel audio only across the board upto 320kbps - each format has its own range and the max can be half of that.
    Has slider controls for altering hue and brightness, saturation and contrast
    Has controls for 90 degree rotate, flip,mirror and a crop tool
    The editor is quite fast (block move, cut, scrub) - no single frame advance though.
    Only single video and music tracks on the timeline with the bonus of a basic sound effects track
    No direct stream copy. Forces a recode though the quality is acceptable.
    Text is not sharp. Titles and scrolling credits are there but no subtitle option.
    PIP is not 'video-in-box' type . Think static GIF border or a bunch of flowers floating on screen with some motion/fade/zoom routines.
    No output to BluRay. Can burn to DVD and create an ISO file. No Menu facility.
    Direct upload to a Youtube Account is present and might be useful to the Tube fanatics.
    It also has presets for Apple devices, Xbox and others

I would still prefer it over Windows Movie Maker for basic trimming. It is more than a toy but nowhere near being a great tool. A quick home movie editor nothing more.
    Last edited by transporterfan; 19th Dec 2013 at 05:44. Reason: Found the DVD output menu
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for that rundown, transporterfan. I downloaded it and got the license code, but don't have the time to install it now. (Especially since one may need to track down that WShelper crap and remove it manually -- according to some reports -- since it may not show up in Programs for any easy uninstall.) If this is like one of those GiveAwayOfTheDay programs where you need to install it by midnight on the day it's offered, and the license key doesn't work later on, I won't feel like I'm missing anything too important. Not like when they had that one-day giveaway of VideoRedo, a couple years back.

What video file formats does this cover ? Or maybe I should have said 'import and edit reasonably well' ? I'm getting kinda tired of having to deal with a bunch of one-format-specific tools. I still have not found anything that can match (the discontinued) Movica for ease of use, but that works only on .Wmv, and not even all .Wmv.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I've tried it in the past and I still see no reason to not use Handbrake.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by MiyaLew View Post
    It don't work for me. Help!
    Use something else.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Thank you for the share. I am not to familiar with this software seems like the reviews on it is 50/50?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by MarcDoug View Post
    Thank you for the share. I am not to familiar with this software seems like the reviews on it is 50/50?
    That would be 50% not very good and 50% not very useful.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    Originally Posted by MarcDoug View Post
    Thank you for the share. I am not to familiar with this software seems like the reviews on it is 50/50?
    That would be 50% not very good and 50% not very useful.

nice one
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I would be very wary of any piece of h/w or s/w with "wonder" in its name.
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Steve(MS) View Post
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    I think the same way...all these cheapware are a scam....almost all of them are using freeware for their frontend.
    Anyone can do the same things with open source/freeware programs.
    100%. One of the biggest and most consistent noob mistakes I see with media programs is the assumption that paying $50-100 is going to get them a better one than a free one. I've never seen one that wasn't just a badly written front end for open source programs, with the additional risk of having adware/malware (not much difference) installed as well. This is routine.

If it isn't adware it's donation based, and then often the sofware is in perpetual beta and never works properly.
    Quote Quote