VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I'm using the JVC MH300, though most other JVC HDD/DVD combi's should have the same functions. The plan is to record to HDD at HQ and dub to disk at various FR after I've topped and tailed the program. Sometimes this could mean editing ads too or with VHS extracting programs from 3hrs of footage. That's why the playlist option is handy as it doesn't cut-up origonal.

Problem - after finalising a disk (all dvds VideoMode) the chapters vanish.
    If you record direct to DVD you get 5min autochapters, on the HDD you get 15min autochapters.
    I've tried creating my own chapters on the origonal before dubbing using playlist, but they still go. Using a RW disk, if you unfinalise you get the chapter points back? The dubbing is in realtime not high speed.

The other option is to edit using the 'divide' and 'delete scene' functions. This destructive editing method seems to retain chapter points when dubbed.
    If I have to I'll use this but play list is better.

Also, am I right in thinking that deleting small sections of a program can cause fragmentation of the HDD.
    JVC has no defrag, e.g. Liteon's. That's another advantage to playlist.
    Any one found a way round this of am I missing sometime?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Come on someone's got to have a
    JVC DR-MH20
    DR-MH30
    DR-MH50
    DR-MH200
    if not a DR-MH300, they should be the same and all have playlist editing, even if there are stight differences.
    Have you noticed this or solved it?
    Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  3. What's up with the thread subject?

¤ª"˜¨¨¯?¯¨¨˜"ª¤_ No Chapters using Playlist on JVC HDD _¤ª"˜
    Darryl
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What's up with the thread subject?
    no one know why I can't get chapters, that's what!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know that defrag is necessarily needed. Defrag is mostly intended for drives with lots of small files. Even a "small" video file is very large.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Good point, as most HDD origonals are in HQ - that must be over 1MB/sec - so there not small files as in - PC text files small etc.
    That said a small portion of memory is used for temp. data such as disk library resume, index pics. these could cause some issues. Not a problem now though.

I'm now planing on avoiding playlist for now and being careful to start and stop recording at the correct points. Didn't think I'd need to do this, but there you go. Anything for the love of precious chapters
    Quote Quote