VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am trying to turn a TS_Video file into a playable DVD on my player, and in my car. I have used DVD Imager to convert to an ISO file, as well as using terminal commands. I then have used Disk Utility to burn the ISO file to a DVD. The first time fit on a DVD, the second time, the file was too big, 8G's. The first DVD did not play in my Blu-Ray and my car said Optical Error. I put the DVD back in my Mac, and it showed only 5 files, and about 28 mb's worth of data. What gives?
    Quote Quote  
  2. no idea about what happened
    but use LiquidCD (donationware)
    select video tab and give your VIDEO_TS folder to it (it will do the job for you, exactly the same job as DVD-Imager, but without some usless steps )
    bye
    For DVD, iPad, HD, connected TV, … iMovie & FCPX? MovieConverter-Studio 3 (01/24/2015) - Handle your camcorder's videos? even in 60p or 60i? do a slow-motion? MovieCam.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Kudos to Herve for the info on LiquidCD. Sounds like DVD Imager isn't doing the trick. Another alternative would be to put the VIDEO_TS folder in Burn OSX. Or, for a more foolproof method, first use ffmpegx to create the image in it's "Tools" tab, and then use Burn OSX or Disk Utility to burn the disk. Btw, I've had some poor results using homemade DVDs in car DVD players for some reason...
    Quote Quote