VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hey fellas, long time member here, first post in years. Checking to see whats up lately with blu-ray disc advances.

Anyway, my question, is it possible to straight-up burn multiple DVD-Images to blu-ray with no modding? Then being able to freely switch between them at will, and play them back fine with their menus and all, as if you were playing the original DVDs?

Basically the mindset behind this is the idea of taking a multiple disc DVD set, such as a Tv series, and dropping them all onto a single, convenient Blu-ray disc. You could keep your collectable DVD sets in their cases, nice and pristine, and just have the 1 BD disc to play. How awesome would that be?
    Last edited by Super Warrior; 12th Oct 2014 at 10:16.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    The DVDs are copy protected.
    What BluRay player do you own that can read DVD-formatted videos from a BluRay disc and burned as "data" files?
    The short answer is no, not without a lot of work, time, a learning curve, and lots more software.
    - My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    What you want to do is not possible. Multiple DVD menus/movies on a Blu-ray won't work right. It is possible to extract each episode and build a new menu without re-encoding the video or audio from the DVD's. The new menu can be elaborate if using MultiAVCHD. BD Rebuilder may be able to work with episodic DVD's and make a very simple menu for you when switching to Blu-ray format, but I doubt you'd be able to select individual episodes from this simple menu.

I've also used AVStoDVD to build an oversized DVD with a menu, then used DVD2BD Express to get the whole thing in Blu-ray format.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So theres no way to put a DVD onto a blu-ray disc, same SD quality, with the original menus intact?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Super Warrior View Post
    So theres no way to put a DVD onto a blu-ray disc, same SD quality, with the original menus intact?
    Putting one DVD on a BR disk is easy (just burn it.) What you originally asked for was multiple DVD disks on one BR with menus intact and functional.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Perhaps merge DVDs with DVD Remake and then use DVDtoBD Express.

I'm a bit uncertain about the status for DVD Remake since DimadSoft stopped development but it can still be found here at videohelp. It keeps the original menues and provide a "top layer" menu.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by videobruger View Post
    Perhaps merge DVDs with DVD Remake and then use DVDtoBD Express.

I'm a bit uncertain about the status for DVD Remake since DimadSoft stopped development but it can still be found here at videohelp. It keeps the original menues and provide a "top layer" menu.

Do the original menus & normal SD quality of the DVD stay intact with this program? It plays back on any blu-ray player?
    Last edited by Super Warrior; 12th Oct 2014 at 15:11.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Yes DVD Remake keeps the original menues and titles. There used to be a PRO version capable of merging up to 4 DVDs at a time and a free version capable of merging two DVDs at a time.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    What you are wanting is to MERGE AND KEEP INTACT the titles & menus. That is not possible for the simple reason that each title (disc) has it's own "first-play" item (sometimes video, sometimes a menu). You cannot have 2 first-plays, one will have to take a back seat to the other, or both take a back seat to a new menu. And that's what the others have been trying to tell you. (There are also other asset linkage issues, etc, but that's enough to answer).

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by videobruger View Post
    Yes DVD Remake keeps the original menues and titles. There used to be a PRO version capable of merging up to 4 DVDs at a time and a free version capable of merging two DVDs at a time.

I love DVD Remake Pro, best DVD editing program i ever used. Awesome for merging DVDs as well as editing out junk. Ok. So i guess i could merge them with DVD remake Pro, and then transfer that one image to a Blu-Ray disc with DVDtoBD.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!