VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,
    I am new to posting here and would appreciate any advice on where to begin looking or the proper forum to post this in:

I have an xbox 360 and Amazon prime. The xbox is in the living room, but since this room is close to my 11 month old sons room, watching movies & tv shows after he has gone to bed is not an option. However, since we have a number of shows he enjoys watching through amazon prime, I can't move it.

Hence, my simple question is: If I keep the xbox connected in the living room, can I watch the amazon prime through my xbox on a second tv in my bedroom?

Thank you,
    Bryan

ps: I will do my best to reply to any questions in a timely manner but generally can only get to "my" stuff once or twice a day. The little guy keeps me/us busy
    TY
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A Roku 3 in the bedroom as an additional device on your Amazon Prime account is another option.

[Edit] Most people balk at the thought of running cables through their walls, but to do that you would need to buy a HDMI splitter/distribution amplifier as well as a longer HDMI cable that is certified for in-wall use. A good device for wirelessly streaming HDMI audio and video won't be cheaper than the Roku, and may not work reliably.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 24th Jul 2014 at 14:18.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thx for the suggestion usually_quiet. I'll certainly look into the Roku. I'm not interested in running anymore cables so ideas like that are what i'm looking for.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, a Roku unit is the perfect answer for you. If you have wireless, the Roku 1, at $50, has both HDMI (for true HD) and composite outputs.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!