VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Ok stupid question time. I want to reinstall my ati all in wonder hd pci-e video card on vista. I just did a full on fresh install of vista home premium 32bit.

I donwloaded the radeon drivers for the 3xxx series which the all in wonder is according to the auto detect system from amd/ati. It still only shows up as "vga adapter" in device manager.

In the bios i have the display adapter set to pci-e which is what the card is.

When I select the vga listing under device manager it doesn't show any card information. It all says unidentified.

I have done the scan for hardware changes and it hasn't picked it up.

I even physically unplugged then reseated the card. It did not come up as a new hardware upon windows startup after reseating.

I'm starting to grasp at straws here.

The maddening thing is I had left my soundblaster xfi audio card in during the reinstall of windows and all I had to do was use my xfi install disc to get it back online (which I do have the original of - I don't have the original of my ati card handy - I have it somewhere...)

So what do I do now? This is the last thing I need to do to get my computer back to the way it was but with a fresh install on my ssd drive.

I hope I haven't missed anything obvious. (fyi it works just fine in vga mode and I can even set it to 1024x768 which is good on my 15" crt monitor).

Thanks for any help. I don't think I've missed anything - oh and I did run the exe driver file - 10x something and it went through the install but I still dont' get the card showing up in device manager.

Thoughts?

Thanks.
    Last edited by yoda313; 16th Feb 2014 at 14:31.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well I would have thought that Vista would recognise the card and atleast load its own basic driver.

Maybe you d/l's the wrong driver ???

A quick 'Google' took me here

http://www.diamondmm.com/aiwhd3650-diamond-all-in-wonder-premium-graphics-with-hdtv-tuner.html
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Well I would have thought that Vista would recognise the card and atleast load its own basic driver.

Maybe you d/l's the wrong driver ???

A quick 'Google' took me here

http://www.diamondmm.com/aiwhd3650-diamond-all-in-wonder-premium-graphics-with-hdtv-tuner.html
    Thank you! That's the card alright. and the ones I've been downloading are either 40mb or 100mb not 363.

I'm gonna try this and then take a break as I've been working on this whole reinstall practically nonstop since last night. So I'm gonna give this a go and be done with it for today after that.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    grab the drivers for your card

go to guru3d and find driver sweeper...it will totally uninstall any remninsce of ATI drivers...after this...unzip the drivers you downlaoded onto your desktop..in a folder..use winrar or 7zip

restart your pc and go into device manager...find the vga display card..your 3000 series card...right click...update driver software...choose automatically detect for updated driver software

after this it should find those drivers in the folder on the desktop your unzipped to...if not...it's either the wrong drivers or there's another issue
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you db83!!!!!

That was the link I needed

I now have my ati all in wonder properly installed. It shows up without an exclamation mark in device manager.

Thank you all for posting with your advice.

I'm done now
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Glad to read this

Had a 'similar' issue when I installed Win7 and needed drivers for my ATI video card (Win7 was but a dream when I bought this card)

The first drivers (that should have worked) failed and I had to install legacy drivers.
    Quote Quote