VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have five MP4 episodes of the Tick being processed right now. Four hours in, it's still encoding the audio for the second episode. I've never seen anything take this long before on this machine. Encoding video has always been slower than encoding audio. I don't get it!

I've read that the version of FFmpeg (revision 19276) included in this final version may be buggy. Replacing DVD Flick with the older version 1.3.0.6 or replacing FFmpeg with the one from the older version is said to correct the bugs. Anyone know more?

Could I download the most recent FFmpeg 32-bit static build for Windows and stick that into the DVD Flick bin folder?

If this was the only disc I had to create, I'd probably not care enough to ask, but I have to do several more, and don't want it taking days.

All this because I wanted the uncut, unedited U.K. edition....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium, Intel Core i7 950, 12GB RAM, EVGA GTX 580 Superclock
    Last edited by RowRowYourBoat; 12th Oct 2014 at 15:07.
    Quote Quote  
  2. A Member since June, 2004 Keyser's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    DVDFlick 1.3.0.7 is old and buggy. It has many audio/video sync issues. Try the new version DVD Flick v2 1.3.0.9. DVD Flick v2 is a follow up to the original project, now abansoned, and has the main goal of updating external binaries.
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    After 13 hours, it came up with some obscure error while encoding audio for the fifth title. Thirteen hours....Wasted.

So I uninstalled it and installed 1.3.0.9.

It did the job in just nineteen minutes.

If not for your post, I'd never have known about V2. Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by RowRowYourBoat; 13th Oct 2014 at 11:15.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!