VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have some IOO, IO1, IO2, etc and MD0, MD1, MD2, etc files.
    Is there a free software to convert them to video files (avi, wmv, mpg, mp4) so I can use WMP or VLC to play them?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I seriously doubt those are split "video" files.

Files numbered like that are typically some sort of split archive. You typically merge the files back together, and then extract the files from the archive. I've never seen any of the standard tools use those extensions.

Try opening with WinRAR, WinZip, etc. and see what happens. Otherwise, we need to know the source.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. So you are saying that the MD0 and the MDF are suppose to be combined. Let's say the MD0 is 1 gb and the MDF 2 gb. Does it mean it will be a 3 gb file when combined?

Is it possible to convert it to a video file to watch? Or do you have to burn it to disc?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You didn't mention "MDF" in the OP.

mdf is part of an image file created by Alcohol 120%. There are two parts, a mdf file and a mds. I've not done it, but I believe Alcohol will split the output into files of any size (as opposed to single file the size of the disc image). So all of the MD# files get merged back together, and then you would use the resulting mds file with the mdf file to burn the disc.

The image would need to be burned to disc or mounted before you could do anything with the contents.

And again, this is a disc image, not a video file. So you can't just "convert" it. And the image may not even contain video.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  5. There is I00, I01, I02, I03, I04, I05. When I use Winrar to extract the first file, it creates a VIDEO_TS with a VOB file. Then I use Winrar to extract the second file I01. It now says "no archives found in selected files and folders" What is the issue?

Essentially, I want to extract to all VOB files and merge them into one file. Ideally so I can play the file on my computer, not to burn it. There is a MDS file in the folder with a bunch of I00 - I05 files. But there is no MDF file.
    Last edited by jyeh74; 25th Oct 2016 at 21:11.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    When you open the first file with WinRAR, it automatically reads all of the files and extracts the contents (ie: you don't need to open each file).

As it contains a VIDEO_TS folder, it's a DVD Video image. You can burn to DVD as a video DVD, or open the VIDEO_TS folder with your conversion tool and convert to another format. I often use VidCoder to convert VIDEO_TS contents into an mkv file. Or you could simply leave the video untouched by opening the folder with MakeMKV.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  7. There is no MDF file but there is a MDS file.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You don't need the MDF unless you want to burn the disc, which you stated that you didn't want to do. So I don't understand your statement.

I already stated what to do with the files in my previous reply.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  9. Ok I was confused. When I use winrar to open the first IO file it doesn't automatically take the other files after it. It only outputs the first file and extract to a videoTS folder. Then I select the second file with winrar and that's when I get the error message above.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What is the size of the VIDEO_TS folder that it created?

There will be no indication that WinRAR is opening the rest of the files. And by default, if any of the parts are missing, WinRAR won't extract any data nor create the output folder. So if it's extracting anything and creating the folder, then the archive is intact and all files were extracted (or you would get an error message). As noted above, you only need to open the first file of an archive.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  11. About 665 mb. Each I0 file is 665 mb and there are 5 of them. It just takes the first one only.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try using Alcohol 120%. There is a free trial. If Alcohol can't open the files, you may be out of luck.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote