VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey everyone that uses anydvd......do you belive that anydvd is dead in the water? It seems to me that they are. By now they would have a beta out, but they don't. And they always put one out before fab does. Then they had a problem with taking new credit cards orders. I really do belive they are dead and done. And the down side is that people like me will have a hard time backing up bluerays, since I don't have internet. So hopefully someone will put out a way to do the same thing anydvd did. Let me know your opion. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is there any product that is causing issues with back up. If all is well would a beta need to be released.
    I notice anything new goes back to base for data, Nothing has failed yet.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I doubt ANYDVD is dead. I received a email from them after I changed my email address. Why not go to their forum site and ask them that question.

http://forum.slysoft.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well I couldn't rip Captian America Blueray with anydvd 6.8.8.0 which is the newest version out, since 10-11-11. I don't have internet, I can't afford it, I am a full time student, I have been using this software for the last five to seven years and notice when they come out with a beta and a new verision. So i firmly believe they are a dead company now.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    From looking at the AnyDVD forums (I own AnyDVD by the way and paid for lifetime updates, so I do care whether they go out of business or not), it seems that many people are having problems ripping Captain America. However, some users report no issues at all. AnyDVD does not seem to have a good handle on this. At this time based on what I read it seems that you may or may not be able to use AnyDVD to rip Captain America due to factors that nobody has yet identified. Some have speculated that Captain America may use Cinavia protection and AnyDVD is known to not handle this correctly at present. However, the users on the forum unfortunately do not seem intelligent enough to be able to figure out if Cinavia is on the disc or not. There are reports that CloneDVD may work OK with Captain America so whatever the issue is it seems to be specific to AnyDVD. I know that this is not in any way helpful to you, but it doesn't mean that AnyDVD is dead. It does however mean that they seem to not have any good ideas at present as to what exactly is going on with this disc or how to deal with it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was able to do the dvd of Captian America, but it's the Blueray that has the problem
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Some have speculated that Captain America may use Cinavia protection and AnyDVD is known to not handle this correctly at present.
    AnyDVD has no problems ripping discs that contain Cinavia - either DVDs or Blurays.
    In addition, removing Cinavia will never be AnyDVDs job.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mike20021969 View Post
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Some have speculated that Captain America may use Cinavia protection and AnyDVD is known to not handle this correctly at present.
    AnyDVD has no problems ripping discs that contain Cinavia - either DVDs or Blurays.
    What are you? An employee shilling for AnyDVD?

1) When the ripped disc CANNOT be successfully played back, I think it is VERY ARGUABLE that "AnyDVD has no problems ripping discs that contain Cinavia". Of course if your definition of rip is so narrow that it doesn't matter whether you can actually do anything useful with the ripped contents, then yes, AnyDVD certainly can "rip" such discs.
    2) Given how AnyDVD and DVDFab basically are thumbing their noses at Hollywood, unless someone comes up with a freely available solution that can indeed remove Cinavia outside of AnyDVD, I think it's very valid to argue that until AnyDVD has a solution for Cinavia that it is not really doing what it is supposed to do. It's not difficult to conceive of more American studios using Cinavia if Cinavia drops its prices and nobody is ever able to provide a completely foolproof way of removing it. Even DVDFab has a half-assed approach to it that does work - for now - although experts have said that it may not work in the future. AnyDVD's shrug of the shoulders with regards to Cinavia is not anything I would be bragging about. Failure to make progress on this issue could result in a loss of sales to DVDFab.

Some users are reporting major problems ripping the Captain America DVD on the official forums, but again, the users there for the most part seem to have low technical skills so it's kind of hard to figure out who's doing exactly what.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by slayer_of_all View Post
    Well I couldn't rip Captian America Blueray with anydvd 6.8.8.0 which is the newest version out, since 10-11-11. I don't have internet, I can't afford it, I am a full time student, I have been using this software for the last five to seven years and notice when they come out with a beta and a new verision. So i firmly believe they are a dead company now.
    Your posts are beginning to sound like stubborn gibberish. How the hell could you possibly know anything about SlySoft current status and user feedback if you don't even have a steady internet connection? For that matter, if you have "no web access", how the hell did you acquire AnyDVD in the first place, much less the latest update 6.8.8.0? There is no such thing as a "poor webless student" in the USA: even if you live in a cardboard box, if you own a laptop you can plug into web access at your school, a park, a motel lobby or a Starbucks. So lets cut the crap about "no web access"- AnyDVD is not sold in a store: it requires net access to obtain and update and a computer to use. Did a friend let you copy their activation key, or did you get a hacked version from a warez site? Are you just cycling thru the periodic free trial versions and waiting for the "free trial" to be updated? What are you using it on- your own laptop or a PC in your school? What type of burner is involved and how old?- some optical drives conflict more with some combinations of protection and decryption. If you were a little more clear on exactly what type of AnyDVD installation you have, maybe someone could give you a more helpful answer. Just be aware that sometimes the answer is "take a chill pill and wait, they're working on it," and don't have a cow just because you don't like that answer. Sometimes, sh!t just happens.

Putting aside all arguments about the moral or legal validity of making backup copies, the fact remains AnyDVD is a reverse-engineered legally-questionable product that is always going to be one step behind whatever asinine counter-productive "protection" scheme pops up in any given month. AnyDVD isn't a simple bog-standard app like a text editor or jpeg viewer that can be bug-fixed ten minutes after someone complains to the developer. Some of the newer "protection" schemes are so convoluted the original discs aren't even recognized as legit by many players: when this happens it takes time for AnyDVD developers to come up with a solution they feel will be reliable. They have been burned a few times this past year when they rushed an update out the door only to discover it caused more problems than it solved: I think right now AnyDVD is trying to percolate an update that won't break anything else. Give them time: we do not have an absolute right to rip "Captain America" immediately, its merely an option that may or may not be available depending on the ability of third party decrypters to handle the task. Technically, it ain't supposed to be possible at all. Take a breath and relax: I don't think AnyDVD is discontinued or likely to be anytime soon. If it was, that would mean literally unbreakable protection had finally been invented, and every other decrypter would disappear right along with it. There never were any guarantees of 100% success with any decrypter- this was true in the DVD era and much worse with BluRay.
    Last edited by orsetto; 15th Nov 2011 at 13:12.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's been quite awhile since AnydvdHD has updated. 6.8.8.0 was the last update. I tried ripping Jurrasic Park BR on my backup computer which is not connected to the internet and AnydvdHD kept reporting the drive is not ready. I did rip them on my main computer which is connected to the internet. So it seems you need an internet connection for the latest BR disks released since the 6.8.8.0 update.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mike20021969 View Post
    What are you? An employee shilling for AnyDVD?

1) When the ripped disc CANNOT be successfully played back, I think it is VERY ARGUABLE that "AnyDVD has no problems ripping discs that contain Cinavia". Of course if your definition of rip is so narrow that it doesn't matter whether you can actually do anything useful with the ripped contents, then yes, AnyDVD certainly can "rip" such discs.
    2) Given how AnyDVD and DVDFab basically are thumbing their noses at Hollywood, unless someone comes up with a freely available solution that can indeed remove Cinavia outside of AnyDVD, I think it's very valid to argue that until AnyDVD has a solution for Cinavia that it is not really doing what it is supposed to do. It's not difficult to conceive of more American studios using Cinavia if Cinavia drops its prices and nobody is ever able to provide a completely foolproof way of removing it. Even DVDFab has a half-assed approach to it that does work - for now - although experts have said that it may not work in the future. AnyDVD's shrug of the shoulders with regards to Cinavia is not anything I would be bragging about. Failure to make progress on this issue could result in a loss of sales to DVDFab.

Some users are reporting major problems ripping the Captain America DVD on the official forums, but again, the users there for the most part seem to have low technical skills so it's kind of hard to figure out who's doing exactly what.
    No problems at all with Captain America bluray on the very first day of release in USA. More than likely anyone having a problem has a defective disc. Rip it to the hard drive and process with BDRebuilder, works like a charm. All these people who have a problem and immediately blame the software without going to the Slysoft forum and posting their logs are jumping the gun. There has been plenty of success with CA Bluray. Would it really make any sense that the software would selectively give some people problems? Look elsewhere for your issues. Is it the rip or the burn? Did you try a different movie disc? As far as no updates lately, why would there be if it works for the latest titles? Cinavia isn't an AnyDVD problem it a PS3 & just a small group of players that have issues because the manufacturer's built in the problems. Your issue is with them. Most players have no problem with it. My 2 year old panny has no problems playing backups from Cinavia discs.
    I believe Slysoft mentioned something about "opening a new shop," so maybe that is why there are some delays with credit cards and updates if needed.
    Last edited by ricoman; 15th Nov 2011 at 19:12.
    I love children, girl children... about 16-40
    W.C. Fields
    Quote Quote  
  12. 1) Hell, Newegg has been unable to accept Discover card for almost a month now (although you can use other credit cards). They're still very much in business. So that in itself is not necessarily cause for alarm.

2) Updates? If ricoman is correct (and I would bet on it), no updates are needed ATM.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Unless AnyDVD does some really fancy decoding ... I doubt it will be able to remove an encryption code in the audio portion. Kind of like Dolby Digital ... that allows a Sound system receiver to know which audio channels go to which speakers. Cinavia in this case is used to disable the audio completely if it is not detected in the correct manner.

As for myself ... BlueRay is okay but I only like it ... when it fills the wide screen completely ... or almost completely ... doing a letter box with alot of black bar on the top and bottom ... ehhh ... I will pass and stick with DVD Formats. My Sony 50" Projection HDTV in the living room was built in 2005 and I definitely need to replace it with a flat screen design ... but property taxes are due at my home and I will have to wait.

Two days ago ... I put a HTPC in the living room ... we may shut down Directv for a few months ... and I have a Panasonic EZ17 also connected to the system. So I can record OTA ... with the EZ17 and the ATI tuner inside the PC ... two OTA digital shows at the same time. The DVD Burner in the PC can read DVD-RAM disks in case I do record something with the Panasonic DVD Recorder.

Everything connects through a Pioneer VSX 1015 Receiver. I use one long USB cord and it is connected to a Logitech wireless KB and mouse. Plus a ATI remote control is in use too ... to control the Media Center in WIN 7.

The shows being recorded ... heh heh ... Dancing with the Stars and The Young and The Restless ... so far and my wife and her daughter are in the living room right now ... using the HTPC to watch these shows.

But BlueRay wize ... I can always just rip the BR to a mkv and watch it on the HTPC in the living room. Cinavia ... will not interfere.
    Quote Quote  
  14. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    A new beta was just released,

6.8.8.5 2011 11 19
    - New (Blu-ray): Added option to skip playback of short video sequences (trailers, annoyances).
    Works with all types of discs (HDMV, Java).
    - New (Blu-ray): Added support for new BD+ protection
    - New (Blu-ray): Support for new Java based protection
    - New (Blu-ray): Updated decryption keys
    - New (DVD): Support for new copy protections
    - Some minor fixes and improvements
    - Updated languages

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6885.exe
    Quote Quote  
  15. Guess Anydvd isn't dead after all!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, time to close the thread. Never made sense anyway just because there weren't updates for 2 weeks. By that criteria, 99.99% of software companies must be dead.
    I love children, girl children... about 16-40
    W.C. Fields
    Quote Quote  
  17. Hate to bump an old thread but it seemed like an applicable time, no updates for 11 days, and concern is gripping the world. LOL.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by alan1476 View Post
    Hate to bump an old thread but it seemed like an applicable time, no updates for 11 days, and concern is gripping the world. LOL.
    I own AnyDVD HD and I usually wait months before I bother updating mine. Don't they sometimes not have updates for a month or longer? I really don't know what to tell the people who have no patience. We've had no reports that AnyDVD has any of the issues that may (or may not) be affecting DVDFab right now. And I have no proof but I've got a suspicion that DVDFab actually may not be in the kind of dire straits everybody where everybody, including me originally, has been assuming that the Chinese government has given in to Hollywood and cracked down on them. Actually they may simply be moving to a model to squeeze more money out of their customers by not dropping decryption all together but making it an additional service to pay for. AnyDVD is headquartered in some Caribbean country that has been authorized by the WTO to break decryption on US made DVDs and BluRays to settle a trade issue with the USA. I do not anticipate any changes to AnyDVD. In fact, if I am right that DVDFab has simply made a money grab to stick it to their existing customers, this is likely to make AnyDVD's sales go up by a lot. Even if I'm wrong and DVDFab did give in to Hollywood pressure because Hollywood bribed the right Chinese government officials, this would still be great news for AnyDVD and drive more customers to them.
    Quote Quote  
  19. I hope you are right, sincerely, thank you for the information.
    Quote Quote  
  20. SlySoft is very good at keeping in touch with its customers. If you bought the product, you're on their mailing list, so they send you emails whenever they update their software. If they were affected by this DVDfab issue, they would likely have enough time to send a notice out (since the DVDfab thing gave them a heads up, they wouldn't be gobsmaccked).

Aside from that, AnyDVD does not update on a set schedule: SlySoft issues them randomly. Occasionally, they quickly realize that a recent update caused a cascade of other problems, which leads to 3 or 4 updates in the space of ten days. Then, you may not hear from them for five or six weeks. Then, you'll get two updates in a month. And so on.

At this point the basic software is refined to death, and SlySoft updates are merely reactions to whatever random BluRay hits the streets with some new POS, redundant, asinine protection scheme. Two out of three updates now seem to be for peculiar BDs of no interest to North Americans: inevitably when I read the update details it says something like "this update clears the one-off protection on the fifth Croatian-dubbed reissue of Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen."
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DVD Shrink handled the new Criterion release of MAD MAD WORLD, by the way. Is DVD SHRINK the equivalent of Latin in decrypters? About as close as I can think of. Dead, but still somewhere between Useful and Good...
    Quote Quote