VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, it's out. But I don't use an iPad in my workflow so I guess I'll upgrade when V14 comes around. What a joke, and we had to wait so long.

I didn't see anything exciting in the online description. Mostly workflow tweaks.

Looks like Vegas is trying to break into the Apple camp since there's a hole there right now while FCPX is getting up to par. Who knows, maybe one day Vegas will be the new goto Mac editor.

Vegas is sort of Mac-ish anyway. It's all visual and curve based.
    Last edited by budwzr; 21st Apr 2014 at 15:11.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by budwzr View Post
    Who knows, maybe one day Vegas will be the new goto Mac editor.

Never - because to much of the vegas code is VFW (windows video for windows) based . It would have to be almost completely re-written for the Mac (or Linux, or anything non Windows)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe this step is designed to get a foot in the door then? A way to pass sequences to Macs? Surely they must have some rationale for catering to an iPad workflow.

On the other hand, SCS has some douches working their. Maybe one of them drank the Apple koolaid? HitFilm came out with an Apple version, and it was funded by Kickstarter. Maybe the AppleHeads are finally waking up.

And where's the usual $139 special price upgrade they always do right away to pump some quick revenue? I hope they don't think we'll pay more just to use an iPad in the workflow. Why, that would be preposterous.

I wonder if using an iPad and an iPhone to do professional video production is the new normal? I've seen people with iPhones on a stick taking videos, and they have a LavMic running out to it. Actually, the iPhone video is pretty good. I hate to admit it. And they don't have the fisheye like GoPro, which is sometimes undesirable.

Even many of the newer independent-produced shows are using GoPro's for the B-stuff. Or maybe those are paid ad spots. Like when you see a can of Coke in a show.

Funny how they're trying to roll out 4K TV, but it appears 1080p is still king.
    Last edited by budwzr; 21st Apr 2014 at 21:52.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by budwzr View Post
    And where's the usual $139 special price upgrade they always do right away
    It's come out ($149) and is valid until May 31. Admittedly, it seems the e-mail offer has not reached all for some reason yet.
    Someone has already given out the keycode on CC. The lower prices might again be visible on SCS site Product pages.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Vegas Pro 13 not work using Debug Frameserver, crash and close. Pro 12 is the way.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!