VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, I'm a newbie who tried to rip his first BluRay to MKV... I already tried several tools, like MeGUI, RipBot264 and MediaCoder, but i always got the same problem when i try to convert the M2TS which is already ripped to harddisk. Encoding of the soundfiles was not a problem but when i want to encode the video, it always gets about 27,x GB big... i just used 8000 kbit in the x264-settings. while encoding the estimated filesize reads that the file just should get about 7,xx GB, but when it reaches the 4x % mark, the counter increases permanently, and i get the 27 GB file... what could be wrong? is this a new kind of copy protection?? do i have to demux or something?? I'm going crazy with this ( please help
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    which movie release and region?

You could try use tsmuxer and open the movie and save a ts and try convert it. Or try makemkv, choose the main movie and then shrink the mkv using handbrake.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey Baldrick, it's a german release of Underworld... don't know which region...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Doesn't work... ts stream can't be added in MeGUI... m2ts-demuxed is also not working... makeMKV reports an error
    Quote Quote