VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi!

Here is what I want to do. I want to author a DVD, a kind of documentary, with clips from some dance movies.I want to take these clips from different DVDs and mix them with some clips with me making some comments on them. Which program does this? Because i tried Tmpg etc but they don't support the subtiles of the original movies.
    In fact I am looking for a tool that can handle and edit vob files, so not to loose time in convertions, and also make DVD menus.

Thanks in advance!
    Stavros
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sstavross
    Hi!

Here is what I want to do. I want to author a DVD, a kind of documentary, with clips from some dance movies.I want to take these clips from different DVDs and mix them with some clips with me making some comments on them. Which program does this? Because i tried Tmpg etc but they don't support the subtiles of the original movies.
    In fact I am looking for a tool that can handle and edit vob files, so not to loose time in convertions, and also make DVD menus.

Thanks in advance!
    Stavros
    What you are asking is very nearly impossible.

I think your best bet is to convert everything to AVI so you can edit easily then RIP the subs with VobSub and hard encode them into the video as this would then allow you to use just about any DVD authoring program in the end.

But boy that is a big project ... I'd hate to be you!

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  

3. Thanks for the answer FulciLives but it doesn't solve my problem!All these conversions...I hate doing them! It is so easy and so quick to work with vobs! It must be a program that can do this! With DVDshrink it is almost working:I reauthor the DVD ,trimming the parts of the film I want to have in or out..It is just that I cannot have a smooth transposition from the one clip to the other and of course no menus. So it must be a programm that can do what I want! Which one?
    Quote Quote