VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I recently ran into a problem after Bios and chipset update . I dont know if thats the problem but i have bought a new drive and cleaned the old one. I put a dvd dl in my old drive and it spins and then all the sudden my drive is undetected, my computer dont show i have a burner and the drive wont open back up , So i bought a new one and i put a dvd Dl and it just spins repeatably and stops but dont read it . and i open up imgburn and it shows whats in the pic below . Can anyone help please!! Oh on a side note it does read CD-R but i dont know if it burns cd-r have not tried. and i have burned DVD DL in the past with the drive!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	needhelp.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	3581
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    might be a bad data cable, try replacing it. and make sure if it's an ide drive that you use an 80 pin ide cable.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    how old is your HP drive? what's the model and make of the new drive?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    okey the hp is fairly new i believe year which is a DVD1035i and the other drive is a tsst TS-H652D its about 5 years old.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If it is an IDE drive please make sure the Master/Slave jumper is set correctly. What I do is when I swap out drives (CD/DVD/Hard), I match the jumper settings on the drive or check the directions to make sure the jumpers match Master/Slave settings. I have been caught several times that way.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    its on master cause i seen that on another website. i just burned a cd-r but it wont burn DVD DL or read them . it can read media off a DL but not a blank
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    as suggested buy a new IDE 80 wire IDE cable...if that doesn't work then your HP drive laser is probably dying...btw what brand of DL media are you using? buy a new dvd burner since it's cheap these days....you can get for $20.00....i recommend the LG ide drive which I've used on friends/relatives pc's that use IDE.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136144
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by spark916 View Post
    its on master cause i seen that on another website. i just burned a cd-r but it wont burn DVD DL or read them . it can read media off a DL but not a blank
    also make sure the other drive is set to slave. usually the master drive should be at the far end of the cable and the slave in the middle.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think the drive is not properly set up & driver like installed so far.

Make sure you choose the correct settings in the BIOS, depending on what controller you use for it.
    *** Now that you have read me, do some other things. ***
    Quote Quote