VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi All

I downloaded some 1080 60p footage from panosonic tm700 to my PC (Windows 7, Quad Core, Radeon HD 4870 1GB, etc)

I'm having difficulties playing in my PC. I tried WMP, VLC, Splash Light, Media Player Classic, etc.

All of them are playing very jerky and choppy except Media Player Classic.

What would be a ideal video player for 1080 60p in Window 7?

Thanks,
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try SPlayer, it should take advantage from your video card... Give it a try!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    fill in the computer specs in your profile. without them it's hard to guess.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  4. It's pretty hard to get 1080p60 h.264 to play smoothly unless you have a fast multicore CPU and multithreaded h.264 decoder.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Quad Core
    4G Memory
    Radeon HD 4870 1GB
    Quote Quote  
  6. Note that DXVA doesn't support 1080p60 h.264. What h.264 decoder are you using? MPCHC's built in h.264 is multithreaded (make sure multithreading is enabled). Some others aren't (VLC's for example).
    Quote Quote  
  7. I believe it's Codec H264 - MPEG-4 AVC(part10)(h264)
    Quote Quote  
  8. When playing in MPC right click on the window and hover over "Filters". That will show you the list of filters being used to play the video. What h.264 decoder shows up there? Select it and see if there are any mulithreading options.
    Quote Quote  
  9. MPC

FFmpeg settings
    Decoding thread number:4
    H264 skip deblocking mode: Default
    DXVA Mode: Not using DXVA
    Video card: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
    Quote Quote  
  10. When I play in MPC, I see DivX H264
    When I play in MPC HC 64 bit, I don't see any H262 decoder.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I'm pretty sure Divx's H.264 decoder is multithreaded. Check it to make sure. MPCHC's internal h.264 decoder shows up at "MPC Video Decoder". It looks like you're already set up for 4 decoding threads.

Try different output devices. View -> Options -> Playback -> Output. In the DirectShow box try the different options. You have to exit MPC/MPCHC for the changes to take place.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I tried different DirectShows but It didn't get as good as MPC. It plays pretty good in MPC but not in MPCHC. I wonder why. Maybe I just use MPC and forget about MPCHC already. In MPCHC it plays slow motion so audio doesn't match with screen.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Divx's h.264 decoder is a little faster than MPCHC's. That may explain why you're getting better playback with MPC (which doesn't have an internal h.264 decoder). You can disable MPCHC's internal h.264 decoder. It should then use Divx's decoder, like MPC.

View -> Options -> Internal Filters -> Transform Filters... disable both H264/AVC (DXVA) and H264/AVC (ffmpeg).
    Quote Quote  
  14. 1. I disabled both both H264/AVC (DXVA) and H264/AVC (ffmpeg) and I get the frame rate of 45 or so. It uses Microsfot DTV-DVD Vedeo Decorder. Why is it that MPCH is not using DXVA?

2. I disabled H264/AVC (ffmpeg only andand I get the frame rate of 45 or so.

3. I disabled H264/AVC (DXVA) only and everything looks good now.

I'm trying to understand what happened here. When MPCHC is using its own H264/AVC (ffmpeg) I get the best results.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by j_kwock View Post
    1. I disabled both both H264/AVC (DXVA) and H264/AVC (ffmpeg) and I get the frame rate of 45 or so. It uses Microsfot DTV-DVD Vedeo Decorder. Why is it that MPCH is not using DXVA?
    1080p60 is not DXVA compliant. DXVA only supports up to 30 fps with 1920x1080 frame sizes.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    First off could you please use mediainfo and post the results. Secondly I have a quadcore and a Flip Video which records 720P 60fps, the resultant files are mp4 and they play fine on my quarcore/vista/HT2400/3gig ram system. I did have to reinstall quicktime as my quicktime was somehow corrupted.
    Quote Quote  
  17. 720p60 is much less work than 1080p60. 720p60 is fully supported by DXVA, 1080p isn't -- although it may work. My Q6600 CPU and ATI X800 video card with DXVA decoding can handle it pretty well. Though I only have a few sample 1080p60 clips from a Sanyo Xacti camcorder.

Remuxing to a different container may help too. I get better playback with TS or MKV rather than MP4.
    Last edited by jagabo; 7th Oct 2010 at 12:27.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My PC also plays 1080P without issue. I was just establishing a foundation.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Click image for larger version

Name:	02.png
Views:	543
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	3763Click image for larger version

Name:	01.png
Views:	558
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	3764try it!!!
    Quote Quote  
  20. Try turnung off deinterlacing.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Keep in mind that Blu-Ray only supports 1080p at 23.976 or 24 fps. DXVA only up to 30 fps.

1080p 59.94/60 fps h.264 support is software codec only.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  22. Don't turn off Deinterlacing, ffdshow recognizes if the video-file is interlaced or progressive. (-> Flag also MediaInfo reads).
    So ffdshow only deinterlaces when necessary. Trust Me, I know what I'm talking about
    Quote Quote  
  23. you can force ffdshow to deinterlace progressive-flagges filesClick image for larger version

Name:	02.png
Views:	573
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	3775
    Quote Quote  
  24. You should never do it. But if the file is interlaced and flagged as progressive you should do it
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search PM
    Only reason to deinterlace progressive flagged frames would be if they were truly interlaced but encoded as progressive.
    60p is already progressive so why would it help to enable that option?

I would reencode it to 720p so I can get DXVA with 60 fps.
    Ronny
    Quote Quote  
  26. If you have a better camcorder like a CX520, CX550 or a AX2000 (-> I'm only a consumer and it's clear that professionals wouldn't use an AVCHD-Camcorder [for now]), just look at the quality of these pro-cams:
    http://www.videoaktiv.de/Testbilder/Sony/Sony-PMW-350-K.html
    http://www.videoaktiv.de/Testvideos/Sony/Testvideo-Sony-PMW-350-K.html
    http://www.videoaktiv.de/Testbilder/Sony/Sony-HVR-Z-7-E.html

I watched the original cam-files from videoaktiv.de. The AVCHD.MTS-Files are normally 50i/60i or 25p/30p, only Panasonic makes 50p/60p.
    Download these 2 files and watch them with my ffdshow/MPC HC settings and discover the files with MediaInfo:
    http://www.videoaktiv.de/Testvideos/Sony/Testvideo-Sony-HDR-CX-520-VE.html
    File: http://www.aktiv-verlag.com/~webvideos/testvideos/2009/sony/Sony_CX520.MTS
    http://www.videoaktiv.de/Testvideos/Panasonic/Testvideo-50p-Panasonic-HDC-TM-700-P.html
    File: http://www.aktiv-verlag.com/~webvideos/testvideos/2010/panasonic/Panasonic_HDC_TM_700_P_50p.MTS

If you compare the picture quality from a cx520 to an panasonic 50p-camcorder, you'll SEE, progressive is not everything...
    ... and by the way, the deinterlacing settings are very good for interlaced DVDs in MPC HC.
    Just prefer ffdshow in MPC HC for everything, test it before you say my setting are crap!!!
    Quote Quote  
  27. Nobody is arguing that better camcorders don't put out better video. The OP has 1080p60 video and wants to watch it. That's all this thread is about.
    Quote Quote  
  28. @ jagabo: A CX520 or a CX550 is about the same price

AND

my settings in ffdshow and MPC HC work very good and ffdshow doesn't deinterlace the progressive encoded and as progressive flagged video-files of the panasonic
    That means that my settings are correct, isn't it?
    Quote Quote  
  29. Yes your settings are correct. Maybe the OPs files arent' correct. Maybe they're marked interlaced. Maybe ffdshow is just confused by the 1920x1080p60 file. It safest to turn off deinterlacing just to be sure. Then if that works then he can go back to see why deinterlacing wasn't working.
    Last edited by jagabo; 8th Oct 2010 at 16:50.
    Quote Quote  
  30. When I watch a DVD (prgressive video in interlaced container, strange huh?) with these settings in ffdshow and MPC HC, then ffdshow doesn't deinterlace the DVD, because it not only looks to the flags, it also looks the video directly. For example the Rockford-DVDs are progressive and marked as interlaced, so vlc deinterlaces the DVD when set to auto, ffdshow doesn't... I don't know why...
    Quote Quote