VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey guys, I'm in need of some assistance. I'm editing a rock concert clip with 3 cameras, I already made the multicam cuts (you can imagine that there are a LOT of cuts) and I want to apply an effect filter to only one camera. I have been advised to add effects to the main clips in the main sequence that was used to make the multicam, but to no avail. The effects of course apply in the main sequence but are not visible in the multicam. Now since there are more than 5000 cuts I really don't want to apply the filter to every clip by hand and I'm looking for a solution to do this fast.

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  2. There may be an option to do it in Speedgrade, but I don't believe you can do it in Premiere after the fact. You would have had to apply your effect before doing the multicam edit. (Of course that would have slowed the responsivenes of your timeline.)

Another possible option -- you can decide if it's faster -- is to export complete new clips with the corrections baked in, and then relink/replace your source clips with the new ones in the project window.

At the end of the day it's probably fastest to save your CC's as custom effects and apply them to each shot.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search PM
    Did you try to apply the effect in the master clip?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I applied it to the clip I want to use in the primary sequence, the one I made the multicam out of. If it make a difference it's a Red Giant Denoiser II.
    Quote Quote  
  5. https://larryjordan.com/articles/premiere-pro-cc-multicam-effects/

I see it's supposed to work like this but for some reason it does not. Guess it's the Red Giants plugin problem.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am currently using Premiere Pro CS6 and it suffers from the same issue; it's not limited to Red Giant effects either.
    Anyhow, I have been working on this issue and found a way that worked. Again, I am currently using CS6.
    If there is a MULTI-CAMERA SOURCE SEQUENCE that was created during the setup of the multi-cam edit, right-click on it in the program panel and select OPEN IN TIMELINE. Apply effect to the camera in question and then check the multicam-edit sequence and the changes should be reflected there.

Brainiac
    Quote Quote